What should you expect to pay for a complete 75 $400 core

-

Walker434

Reaction score
As the title says I'm looking for a complete 400 to rebuild and stroke. I found one for $400. Does that seem a bit high for a core?

Well, actually, that's NOT what your title says. I thought you meant $75 for a 400 core, which is a lot closer than 400???? for a 400 core.

If its a good buildable block that's in the ballpark. Unless of course you have a friend that gives you one.

If it comes with all the brackets, pulleys, mounts, and accessories, that you can use, then it's a good deal, jmo.

Yeah I screwed up the title with the dollar sign and couldn't figure out how to edit. To clarify, the guy is asking $400 for a complet 1975 400 with all pulleys brackets ect, supposedly a virgin engine that has never been apart. So we thinking this is a decent deal then?

It's high considering most of it is not useful if you're building a stroker. You can't get much over scrap for low-po mid 70s stuff anymore either so selling parts you don't need to recoup may not happen. I paid $200 for a '71 400 block a while back when low deck strokers gained popularity. I couldn't give away a complete steel crank 440 a few years ago.

It is a fair price if it is in good shape. Unfortunately you won't know that until much later in the process. It is a good price if you need all of the external parts. If all you need is the bare block then you might be able to find something cheaper.

-
Back