What spark plugs...??

-
I migh use autolite 5224 with aluminum headed 10.5:1 360. Dunno if that’s a good choice or not.

I tried them in an 08 Jeep Wrangler with the 3.8 V6. It drove the computer nuts throwing code after code. I've seen people put them in other things with no benefit at all.

I was hopin maybe you were bein sarcastic. lol
They are nothing new other brand name introduced something very similar in mid 60s
So I guess the hype didnt last.

Call ngk techline they are great

Well, there’s an idea! I will do that; Embarrassed that I didn’t think of it...

I wouldn't bother calling any spark plug manufacturer; they will be guesstimating at best and misleading at worst. One hones in on the optimum plug by reading plugs. There are too many variables for the phone/online sales rep/tech's recommendation charts to address. As others have said, starting at a baseline (I'd go with yellow rose's Champion 12 recommendation) will put you in the ballpark. Fine tune from there. You may not hit on the optimum plug the first time around, so plan on needing to purchase another set.

I wouldn't bother calling any spark plug manufacturer; they will be guesstimating at best and misleading at worst. One hones in on the optimum plug by reading plugs. There are too many variables for the phone/online sales rep/tech's recommendation charts to address. As others have said, starting at a baseline (I'd go with yellow rose's Champion 12 recommendation) will put you in the ballpark. Fine tune from there. You may not hit on the optimum plug the first time around, so plan on needing to purchase another set.
Is Champion 12 about the same as Autolite AR52?

what codes did it throw?

Random misfire and specific misfire, transmission, torque converter lockup......that's all I can remember but it was more than that. Put the stock plugs back in and it was fine again. I've heard others have the same type issues with computer cars and E3 plugs.

Random misfire and specific misfire, transmission, torque converter lockup......that's all I can remember but it was more than that. Put the stock plugs back in and it was fine again. I've heard others have the same type issues with computer cars and E3 plugs.
oh, just wondered, ive had 16 in my hemi and a set in my 340 for years and never a hiccup. Or code. I should try a different set and feel the difference.

I use Champion 12. I know a lot of people Like Autolite. I've had two plugs not work out of the box years ago. My buddy uses the expensive race type . He went racing 1st time into the season years back and was worried (had a skip) Spark plugs are new he said. Told him buy another and throw it in. Another brand new plug gone bad.

I use Champion 12. I know a lot of people Like Autolite. I've had two plugs not work out of the box years ago. My buddy uses the expensive race type . He went racing 1st time into the season years back and was worried (had a skip) Spark plugs are new he said. Told him buy another and throw it in. Another brand new plug gone bad.

Bought some autolites a few months back for Power Wagon and had the dreaded made in China on boxes .

-
Back