what the crap????

-

devil dawg

Reaction score
ok, here is my prob...i have a fuel cell in my duster. i checked the sending unit with an ohms meter. it reads 2-93 ohms. chebby right? ok i bought a chevy gauge and hooked it up "with a half tank of fuel" and it reads just below empty. i tried the mopar gauge and it reads dead full. any ideas???????

Chevy gauges operate on 12 volts. Chrysler gauges operate on 5 to 6 volts.
That might be a factor.

the chevy guage i tried had a 12v power lead that goes to a switched source. a ground and the signal wire. ive tried 2 different chevy gauges "just in case i got a bad one the first go around" and they both read the same. is there a resistor or anything along those lines that goes in there somewhere?

I believe GM are a "bridge circuit" This means that the GAUGE must also be grounded

Also, Chebbie senders resistance is the OPPOSITE of Mopar, IE GM is high resistance when full, Mopar is high

resistance when MT

18.jpg

ok. thats how mine is hooked up but i still cant get it to read.....if i had any hair id pull it out. for now when i need to know how much gas i have i just hook the ohms meter to the wires...lol

thats what i thought at first. so i tried another one and got the same results. i think im gonna just mount my ohms meter on the dash and use it as a gauge...lol

-
Back