What the hell is wrong with Craigslist People

-

KevinB

Reaction score
I'm just trying to buy a complete set of cheap tires and wheels. I've emailed over a 15 people and have gotten two responses. Both of which couldn't be bothered to answer the questions I asked. I use CL a lot to buy and sell, when I'm a seller I am friendly and respond to EVERYTHING. Why would I not respond on a potential sale? I'm starting to believe that over half the population of Texas are either just scum or incomprehensibly stupid.

I'm just venting, don't mind me.

I'm pretty much a "seller" on my local Craigslist, but in the infrequent times that i want to buy something, i run into your problem also.
Same thing on ebay this week.
The guys heading says it's this, and then the description says something else.
So i send one e mail asking two questions, telling him how to correctly identify the part for me.
No answer, so i send one more asking if he really wants bids on the part at all.
Still no answer, so i will just move on, as something else always shows up, sooner or later.

I think you hit the nail on the head with your first assessments , and it isn't just Texas.

There selling it and it seems like you have to kiss there ... to get them to sell it to you. Or..they just don't respond back. I don't get it... why make a listing if you don't follow through with the sale. Urrgh

I have the problem both ways. I have waited around several different days to "meet" potential buyers. So I give things up to stay here and no one shows or calls.

I was looking at a go kart for the kids the other day
found one I liked, the post was 6 days old
so I replied (no phone number in the add, so I emailed him mine)

waited two days, didn't hear back

emailed a second time, still no response

today, the add is still up, 13 days old
and the funniest part it, when I punched in a few key words and the location to find the add, a second add popped up from someone else who was actually trying to reach the seller

I have had similar issues with no response from sellers, it is frustrating. Most of the time I sell something, the potential buyer asks me 20 questions and they are usually already answered in my ad.

Me with 4 free 16" summer only almost to the wear bar tires listed off the wife's car from when I put on new tires before last winter:
Dude calls... his first words instead of hello are... "Where you at?!". I reply "Where are you at?" he says "I am by Office Max". I say, "There is no Office Max within 60 miles of me man." He says: "I am in Sioux Falls and really need those tires!". I say "Well I am two hours away in MN." he goes "Oh, ok well never mind." and hangs up. This was around 8pm on a week night. I had the location and map in the ad as well. The person who finally did come to get the tires asked, "how much?" I politely said, "in the ad I posted free, they are free.". He asks "how much tread? Good enough for winter?" I say "No, they are almost down to the wear bars and summer only, and they are free, just like I said in the ad." he asks "Will they fit my Grand Am?" I reply "I don't know, I have the size listed, that is for you to find out.". He finally got the tires and I was happy to be done with that stupid deal.

I just got this from craigslist,guy was very good by getting back to me

00z0z_l50jzYLohpY_1200x900.jpg

I honestly think some people have no clue about what they're selling. They put it on and wait for someone to respond I'll take it. They don't know the answer to our questions or don't want to be bothered going the extra step.

For reference, the actual statistics are that 85% of all people are either an asshole or an idiot.

Of that percentage about 15% fall into both categories.

It's the same pool that Walmart draws it's shoppers from.... :realcrazy:

why then does it annoy me to deal with craigslist sellers, but I feel better about myself shopping at Walmart?

You've seen those Walmart shopper pictures on the net...

Some weird people there...

They have one here that used to be good, but has been going down hill...

-
Back