What to do....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Next up, body work and paint. Have a while before I need to make a choice as far as colors. I am not a fan of real bright colors. Not to mention I do not want the car to be flashy. I have always wanted a white body/flat black hood type of thing, but now am unsure. Dark blues, black, darker greens are now on my list of possible choices. I have to travel about 1.5 miles of dirt road, that is real dusty, which is also waying on my mind. Have kind of convinced myself that flat black might be the way to go. I woud much rather go for a root canal than spend hours cleaning a car. With the flat black, roll in the driveway, stop at the faucet, hose it off and put it away. Plus, at least to me, the car will look more "business" like. Keep in mind a big EFI Hemi, cage etc. I have never been a big fan of all the typical stuff, chrome, steel braided lines etc., that often comes along with the building of a hot rod. I would appreciate any and all input, so please speak up...

I have lived down dirt roads most of my life and I think white, silver, gray or cream colors would be your best bet. The front of my dart is flat black right now and is a dirt magnet. Dust shows up so bad on it.

A flat-black car out in the sun absorbs a lot of heat. My vote is would be for an off-white. White-white look too generic sometimes, though depending on the car it can look great too. No offense to anyone with a white car....

Doug ,it sounds to me like you want the mean look for your car instead of the "pretty" look. I have always liked black,maybe you could go with a satin finish.I think the flat black will draw the dirt also.Maybe consider painting the bumpers black as well,i like that look on some cars.JMHO.

If I went all white there will be graphics of some sort on the car. I will probably take the car to my tattoo artist, Tim, for the designing of the graphics. I have some different ideas of what I want that are kind of based on some of my tattoo work...

If I went all white there will be graphics of some sort on the car. I will probably take the car to my tattoo artist, Tim, for the designing of the graphics. I have some different ideas of what I want that are kind of based on some of my tattoo work...

That would be cool. What are you thinking about for graphics?

Seems like most mopar colors are gettin' kinda old to me.. I like a bronze, had a '67 satellite when I was 15, bronze with a black vinyl top and black interior, It was a sharpe ride....

I like this color on a mopar... Bronze fire metallic..

383834_208885630101.jpg

383834_208885629780.jpg

I really like white cars myself...go with a white and black accents like bumpers, interior...

That would be cool. What are you thinking about for graphics?
Not real sure. With the Hemi scoop I think anything on the hood, unless it is on the scoop itself will just look wierd.One thought is a stripe down the side, sort of like the gown type of smoke under the woman. Maybe cover the hood with a design very similar to that part of my arm. I have several woman, similar to the one in the picture, with there mouths and eyes stitched shut. Thing is I am not a fan of murals, but I think something like this, if done right would be cool. But then I m getting away from my plain Jane envelope I am after. My wife has suggested white with the black hood, with a simple thin black pin stripe down the side, right below the top corner.

IMG_2428.JPG

Do you have a pic of your car?? White used to be one of my favorite colors until I had 2 white cars, I got burnt out on it pretty quick.... White needs something to give it a little personality, like stripes, pin stripein, maybe what you're talking about...

Do you have a pic of your car?? White used to be one of my favorite colors until I had 2 white cars, I got burnt out on it pretty quick.... White needs something to give it a little personality, like stripes, pin stripein, maybe what you're talking about...
The only pictures I have of it, and they are were just taken from the front at an angle, are of from before I stripped it down to go to AZ for the fab work....

I love black cars, my last 5 were black! Goldfish is right, though, my engine temp gage usually reads between 115 and 120 when I get off work. You open the door and the heat wave will make you pee your pants if you're not ready for it. For this reason, I'm thinking about doing my Dart 2-tone, black and silver (silver on top) with a flat black hood. Maybe an orange pinstripe between the colors.
I had a tan (almond) Monza. Hated the color, but I think I only washed it twice in 2 years.

4flats,
Ithink you can guess Im a fan of black cars too.Having owned a number of silver ones I can tell you there is not much diffeference in the thermal properties.

IJ,
My vote is satin, much easier to keep clean than flat.
Andrew

Thanks, bluemissle, I'll most likely stick with black, heck, the summer only lasts 10 months here anyway. I remember once seing a picture of a dart that had a paint scheme inkjunkie might like. It was bone stock, Ivory or cream with a tatoo-like pattern over the hood, roof and trunk. The pattern was just black. I wish I had a pic of it, some famous artist did it.

-
Back