What? We don't have a tool section? Hi Lift Jack experts question.

-

cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
Reaction score
Just picked up an old Hi Lift and it has a pair of cam type deals on it. Anybody know what they are for?

Attachments

• WP_20141013_001.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 148
  • WP_20141013_002.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 143
  • WP_20141013_003.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 135
They are serious bumper jacks, we use them for our tandem car trailers that tilt, offroad guys use them to get unstuck or to change tires on their really tall heavy trucks, they sell new for about 100 bucks too

The hi lift website has a couple of good explanatory videos on how they work and the proper way to use them. Be warned, they can be downright dangerous when used improperly.

As for the the parts your lift shows, the top hook looks to be used for a mount or cable tie, the bottom is the actual lift mechanism.

I just went there to the tools and the pull down link for starting a thread says for sale, trade, sold all same options as for sale section so should work now.

Great jack....can be used for all kinds of things...stretched a fence a few days ago with mine...

I just went there to the tools and the pull down link for starting a thread says for sale, trade, sold all same options as for sale section so should work now.

OK thanks. But you don't understand, this jack is Not For Sale. We can't discuss the jack in that section.

The "cam deals" are for stretching wire or acting as a short 'wench.'

YOU DO LIKE "short wenches" doncha?

DSC03881.jpg

Just not too sure I'd recommend his method...............

131_1206_11%2Bsimple_steps%2Bwinching_with_a_hi_lift_jack.jpg

Lubrication on the lift mechanism is key to reliability of a highlift.
I've been using the same highlift for many years.
it is more than just a jack, has many other uses.

And old rope, block and tackle barbed wire fence stretcher. If I never even THINK about one of these again, it will be too soon, LOL

il_570xN.394072763_4u34.jpg

The cams are for gripping fence wire when stretching fence (like barbed wire). They have a small base plate and are quite unstable when using them as a bumper jack. toolmanmike

The cams are for gripping fence wire when stretching fence (like barbed wire). They have a small base plate and are quite unstable when using them as a bumper jack. toolmanmike

Thanks, I have a nice 3/8" plate of steel laying around. I will double the size of the base and bolt it on so it can be removed if not needed.

Thanks, I have a nice 3/8" plate of steel laying around. I will double the size of the base and bolt it on so it can be removed if not needed.

I have two of those jacks and I absolutely hate them for anything that can fall over. That cotter key foot joint is too sloppy for my benefit.

Lubrication on the lift mechanism is key to reliability of a highlift.
I've been using the same highlift for many years.
it is more than just a jack, has many other uses.
Every time I use mine I keep a can of Liquid Wrench nearby...

I have 2 of them and neither has the "cams".
Neither does mine....I think.....Now that I am curious when I go out to lock the garage I will be looking....

That is weird, the extras section is minimized when I look at the forum list so I overlooked it.

hmmm, Over on the right hand side of the page in the red header there are 3 dots in a triangular pattern "For A Bodies Only Extras". Try clicking that to see if the Extras Forums show up ??

hmmm, Over on the right hand side of the page in the red header there are 3 dots in a triangular pattern "For A Bodies Only Extras". Try clicking that to see if the Extras Forums show up ??

Yep, that fixed it. Cool, now I can minimize the stuff I don't care much about too.

-
Back