What would you build?

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
Ok, so IF mother mopar was non-existent and you had to build something else, what would you build for your muscle ride?

Im an underdog kinda guy so id build an AMC, 69 javelin to be exact, that big bad blue color with a 390hp in it.........soo what would you build?

I'd do a AMC as well or an Olds or Pontiac.

I'd like to get/recreate "The Machine" or a Jav. from the AMC camp.
I'd like to do a 350 Olds Cutlass, a 70 or 71 Model.
I'd like to recreate the 5spd SD 455 Firebird as well.

I'd like to one day win lotto and create alot of stuff too, LOL.

You know, I had a LeMans and a Tempest. I hated the dash board. Boring. But did love the look of the car. I think I'll have to add that to the "Million air" list of things to waste money on cause I have nothing better to do than build everycar I see list.

i guess ive always been impressed by the body lines, paint and stripe schemes of the buick gsx too, although the interior, dash/guages looked like they came from a grandma car

Buick GS, Maybe an Olds 442. I worked on a 65 Mustang yesterday and didnt care for it, LOL

I also sold this 72 Cutlass a few years ago. Still see it around town occassionally. I'd like to have it back and give it the attention it deserves.

Note: This picture was taken in the Columbia River Gorge in May. It's only 14 degrees at my house this morning!

DSC00664.JPG

Milners coupe from American Graffitti. Thats where the car addiction started for me. Mine would be 426 Hemi powered because it would be more about money than brains.

I dont think the 69 Javelin was 390 HP i think that was cubic Inch, but i do like that choice, my neighbor had one when i was a kid, and it flat out hauled ***.

I'd go with the Rebel Machine (looks like me & Rumble will be fighting over the first clean '70 Rebel that gets spotted...LOL) or the '69 S/C Rambler. Clone or real McCoy of either - don't really care. Maybe prefer the clone route so I wouldn't have any misgivings about hanging a narrowed Dana or 9" & a four-link under there... Although I wouldn't rule out building a '40 or '41 Willys as I have always loved the sixties Gasser look.

Wouldn't be a '67 Chevelle; I'm doing that now and it hasn't been a love-fest. I bought the car in pieces, never owned one before and therefore have ZERO firsthand experience or knowledge of these cars (lifelong Duster & Road Runner guy - what can I say...) so the jigsaw puzzle/treasure hunt element has been a tad disconcerting... Sad thing is I bought it to turn a few coins and with the economy since going in the tank I'll be lucky to break even...

Ray

I,d ride the freekin bus. always liked 32 ford pickups rodded tho

LOL

Really olds needs aftermarket heads and oil mods to run above 5500 for very long and there heavy, same with buick except for the 430 wildcat motor 10.5 from the factory & with good heads but hard to find 'came in 67-68 electras'

So for the sake of head flow and good early steel cranks the 351 ferd I guess, but I still think I'd be on that bus with someone else we know.....

I drove one of these 74 Javelin AMX allot Jimmy Silas owned and It handled like a dream and the 401 with an auto floor console felt very fitting.
Its was a great driver that would do everythung from a good ride to matting it to show the power to most any car on the road stock. the last time I seen it was in 82.
It is the bigger amx but that 401 sure felt good.
His was red with white int. I guess you had to be there.

this body style

74Javelin-AMX_2.jpg

BUT, I love Christmas (or is it the economy), it brings out the car deals:
1969 Javelin SST project /parts car $1500 obo (southeast)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-12-13, 2:46PM MST

1969 JAVELIN SST, 290 V8, motor runs, needs a lot of work and restoring but it's complete, transmission needs rebuilt, straight body, p/b, p/s, some extra parts, $1500 or best offer. 719-474-9719.
1171381493kf3o43le8cd1ced7303c57b130f.jpg
11a1f81293k83m43p88cda348b11f29df1620.jpg
1fa1311ga3k93mf3o78cd3c71076eda6d1d8d.jpg
1201441323m13p13o18cdf47345ae4301141e.jpg
Saw this on Craigslist and was tempted but didn't have the money

I'd build a 1966 Ford Fairlane for Nostalgia Super Stock.

Of course, there probably wouldn't be a Nostalgia Super Stock if there wasn't any Mopar iron running around.

I would be building my second 1983-1986 ford thunderbird!! 5.0 5 speed with 3.45's and posi :)

Well if money wasnt an object Id set my sights high and do a T-bucket.

for around 100.00 you can build a pretty fast small block chebby.

As long as we're dreaming, I'd like to do a 53 Studebaker Starliner coupe. Stuff a 351 crate motor in it, 6 spd manny, update the suspension, especially in the rear where a Jaguar IRS assembly would be welcome. Replace the headlights with those from an older 911 and ditch the front bumper.

Helped a couple of guys do these with 327s when I was first learning. The hotter one was a 327/365 and would top 150 with a 3spd overdrive without a problem. It's also why a spec'd a 351. The rear distributors were hell to reach once the engine was in the car.

-
Back