What Would You Do?

-
I bought a car once . Said I'd be back on the weekend to pick it up . Was called up for a mission that evening . I was still in the SEALs then . 6 weeks later , after I was discharged from the hospital , the dude still had the car waiting on me , but did think I'd given up . After I explained who I was and what I did , he understood completely . But this was long before the internet and cellphones . Things do come up that take a higher priority . Be understanding and patient . If he paid for it , I personally think that he shouldn't have to pay more to pick it up , without knowing if there was an emergency on his side , or if it was just negligence . JMO .

You said you were selling the car for health reasons in the ad.......
Try using that angle on him.

If I had to take a wild guess, he's flipping the car and you get to store it until he does so.

People with good intent tell the truth and do what they say, or let you know if that changed. If I had my money tied up in something I didn't have possession of, I certainly would be in contact with the person until I had it in my hands.

You state your paid, it is money in the bank? Your not sitting on a check or something like that?

I think you are stuck with the storage if you did not state in the auction that he forfits all money paid if the car is not picked up in xx days.

Update!
Finally got a call from the buyer, Yeah!
He has work issues and he promised me the car would be picked up by next weekend and offered to throw me some money for being so patient with him.
It pays to treat people the way you want to be treated.
Thanks for letting me vent guys.

-
Back