What would you pay for a slant six?

-
Side note. It's a '64 225 slant six out of a little old lady's dart. I have the receipt of the rebuild and yes it is 15k miles on the motor and transmission. Automatic 904. It has all of the '71 components like oil pan ect on it for my 1971 dart car. I am driving it right now. Drove it today and it runs like a champ. Anyways scrap metal or not, I'll make some money off of it.. Also it seem like there is a lot of interest in my intake and headers for the engine so I'll at least walk away with $500-700. Not really worried about it, just want it to go to a good home and a good car if I can help it. I'll be just as happy scrapping it for $100 at my local crap metal yard....lol

Put it on Craigslist,someone is looking for that motor. Line'em high and negotiate from there. DON'T scrap it !!!

Too bad you didn't post this a month ago!!! :banghead:

I'd have come down and paid good money for it to replace the dead slant in my new Duster. With the build receipts, aftermarket stuff and the ability to drive the car I might have given $500 for it.

And anyone that doesn't believe me can look at the old thread I posted LOOKING for one...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=192804

I ended up converting the Duster to a 318. Paid $250 for that, but it has 85k miles and was bone stock, and I didn't get to hear it run. Wish I had, since it smokes more than I'd like. Still, it'll do for now, and the 302 heads it wears might come in handy later.

Nothing where I am as far as the motor but the goodies are diresable. I have been trying to give one away but it is bone stock with no goodies. If you was on the east coast there is a member looking for one. He has posted on a bunch of threads trying to locate one. The price is determined if you can find someone that needs it.

Hang on to the mini starter because you can use it.
You did give it away I just aint got down there to get it .... To the op No there not woth much when i get bills motor I will not resale it .. theres not a martkit for them .. But the parts are woth some thing the intake and carb and headers .. If bills motor had any thing on it like that it would not have been free It would be bout 500 bucks cuz he would be selling the intake and headders too .. A stock 225 aint nothing . Good luck on the sale man If i was you I would toss a cover over it and store it some where ..if i would not have to pay shipping it would be woth some thing thats what kills it for any 6 banger . Thats where you are going to run into trouble no one will ship a slant 6 If they do they need one really bad

Yeah you're right about the shipping. Anything that jacks the price up for an engine that does not have a high demand will definitely kill the price. I have already gotten many interests in the intake and headers. I am trying to sell them as a set, but everyone wants one or the other right now. Don't they know that they're made for each other. Both Clifford and both in really nice shape. The intake is painted dark green to match my car, and the headers have no rust and are in perfect shape. People seem to think that just because they're out of state that I will give these things away. I won't. Lol!

I see. Well there seems to be a lot of interest in my engine and components to the engine. I hope to get a fair price for everything and make a lot of people's projects complete with all of my slant six stuff.

I see. Well there seems to be a lot of interest in my engine and components to the engine. I hope to get a fair price for everything and make a lot of people's projects complete with all of my slant six stuff.

You should post a for sale thread. Start with the engine complete with the goodies and set a deadline fot it being sold complete. If it isn't sold by the eadline then split it up by the peice.

A fresh 225/ has never came up for sale here in my area...
I would raise the cash and hand you $600 for everything and be proud...

Line bored new bearings pistons exetraaa gaskets assembled oil pump/water to the carb.. Come on. But like said before you have to find a buyer locally or close by..

I live in the sticks, but I know I could not build this engine for that much..

Hmmm. Okay I'll post pictures of the engine ASAP. Later today. I think it'll be appreciated once everyone sees how clean it is. Thanks.

I just gave one away for free to a member here, with the auto transmission to go with it, and it was a good running engine.....there pretty much worthless.

I would put that motor on Craigslist... I think the time is coming real soon when they will be rare too and hard to get ahold of...

put it on craigs or this site offer it at 100.00 and let someone beat you down that needs it here in detroit, we scrap slants no market for them I can walki into a junk yard and still find them fully dressed

Well it looks like you're right. Not much demand and therefore people won't pay much. I guess My blueprinted slant six will go into storage under my house. I guess when I blow up my 318 from too many burnouts I can always bolt this lil motor back in. Lol.

Did I miss something , I never saw a asking price for the hole package. You might want to price your stuff with what you would be happy with.

Moe

Put it on Craigslist for sale... There are plenty of guys that would love that slant for their pickup.

Damn,that's all my slant 6 would be worth ??

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

-
Back