What year are these bucket seats?

-

MoparMike1974

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of bucket seats and im trying to figure out what year they are. Cloth front and vinyl back. There is a pouch on the backs. Im guessing around 75.

20171028_163512.jpg

I picked up a pair of bucket seats and im trying to figure out what year they are. Cloth front and vinyl back. There is a pouch on the backs. Im guessing around 75.

View attachment 1715104945

View attachment 1715104945
Looks like possibly 75-76 Dart Brougham

It makes a difference if it's '73-'74 or '75-'76 since the drivers seat mount is different for the catalytic converter floor pan hump.

Yeah Woody, thats them! It looks like some earlier covers should fit. I just want black vinyl and no pouch on the back.
Next hurdle is I have to find some seat tracks for them. They are going in my 73 swinger.

They will fit.
I put covers for a 73 from legendary on mine.
They were from a 75.

Did you have to modify the seat foam to make them fit correctly?

No but the very top of the seat, where your head touches is a little loose.
The top cover was a PIA to put on, it was so bad a co-worker who helped me said he would pay for somebody else to redo my next projects seats.

Do these seats fold forward? Looks like they should hinge but I dont see a lever.

Those seats, out of a 4 door brougham witb buddy seat, have lock outs so they dont fold. You can remove the lockouts but should put the proper latches from folding buckets.....

I ordered 75-76 swinger seat covers. They look like they should fit. I got a sheet of foam in case I need to repair or reshape the foam for a better fit.
I pulled off the "lockouts" from the seats so they tilt forward. Looks like I can easily fabricate a latch if needed but really dont see the need to have them latch.
I will post and let you know how they turn out when they are done.
I still need to come up with some seat brackets.

Without the latch the pass seat will tilt forward everytime you hit the brakes. Also, in an accident situation, anything or body behind the driver will push the seat forward impairing your control.

-
Back