What year manual steering will fit?

-

64bluefish

Reaction score
Will a '66 Barracuda manual steering fit my '64 Barracuda?
I keep seeing comments like "'66 and up".
Why don't they say older cars?
Both are from V8's
Thanks
Mark

Thanks, photos can be deceiving. There is a lot of hail damage that is getting taken care of as we speak. Wouldn't usually do it but the car has been in the family since new and there is no rust.
Yes, I'm going from power to manual.

Is this a good price? from a '66 Barracuda
Steering box
Pitman
Column shaft (not the whole column) It should fit my stock column, right?
$175

I feel it's too much but I'm in a hurry to have this running and the owner of the salvage yard has been very helpful with hours of mopar information.
Thanks
Mark

64bluefish said:
Thanks, photos can be deceiving. There is a lot of hail damage that is getting taken care of as we speak. Wouldn't usually do it but the car has been in the family since new and there is no rust.
Yes, I'm going from power to manual.

Is this a good price? from a '66 Barracuda
Steering box
Pitman
Column shaft (not the whole column) It should fit my stock column, right?
$175

I feel it's too much but I'm in a hurry to have this running and the owner of the salvage yard has been very helpful with hours of mopar information.
Thanks
Mark

Well 64Bluefish, looks like your into a few upcoming changes. Are you still changing over to manual brakes as well? Hope things come together for you :thumblef:

Yes, I'm still going manual brakes.
Just trying to get all the pieces of the puzzle together now.
I have definitely learned a lot in putting this 360 into my '64 Barracuda.
Mark

Nice looking Fish you have there. $175 does sound steep, but if you want in now, it may not seem that high to you. And all you would need is the box and the shaft. Good luck with it.

-
Back