What's a good asking $$

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Gents, I have to sell my wheels shortly as marriage problems have been on-going for the past few years. (Moving away) I know it's very difficult asking anyone a selling price on their vehicle when it comes down to it.

I feel that "you" guys are pretty close when it comes to window $$$, so thanks in advance on you expertise!

If anyone has the time to "look over" the link below (Our forum or Car Domain I have much information on the car what I have done in the past.

69 Signet 2 DR - 6,500 made.

Right now the car has the rebuilt 318 by CORES about 10K or less.
- 360 heads from a 318 police interceptor.
- 2500 stall
- 727 trans with TF2
- 391 Sure-grip
- TTI headers
- MSD

If the car go's...The following has to go with it:

- The cars "orginal" 273 rebuilt by CORES (about 12K on it)
- Very good 904
- B body housing with 323? Sure-grip.
- Drive shafts to convert above if required
- New Hoist
- Engine stand

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=19166

2052882_1.jpg

2052882_5.jpg

2052882_7.jpg

2052882_14.jpg

2052882_37.jpg

Its ashame you have to sale it ,especially right now.With the economy down,its not gonna bring what its really worth,im afraid.Ive been noticing in our own forsale areas,that things arent selling very well,and not for what they are worth either.Its a buyers market right now,not a good time to sale

Sorry to see you have to sell her and the reason for having to sell , your valiant is super nice. Sorry I can't help you much with my idea of a price for it but keep in mind its value up here in B.C. will be better than south of the border as we seem to have to pay more for our classics when we buy.I guess my point is don't be offended if the guys from down south seem to put a lower buck on it than what you expect. It sure is a beauty, good luck with your sale hope your personal stuff worksout for you too.

Sorry to see you have to sell her and the reason for having to sell , your valiant is super nice. Sorry I can't help you much with my idea of a price for it but keep in mind its value up here in B.C. will be better than south of the border as we seem to have to pay more for our classics when we buy.I guess my point is don't be offended if the guys from down south seem to put a lower buck on it than what you expect. It sure is a beauty, good luck with your sale hope your personal stuff worksout for you too.

Thanks for your input! **** happens :angry7: I understand your fine points....I will not let it go as just a give away car due to my own peronnal problems. Just something that sounds fair for what it is.
Thanks again.

please dont be offended if its not what you had in mind but in todays market i,d guess 7500 to 9500 as it was never really a (muscle car).

please dont be offended if its not what you had in mind but in todays market i,d guess 7500 to 9500 as it was never really a (muscle car).

acctually any car from 1975 and back were ALL concidered a muscle car bro......and a muscle car is what u make of it......slant six to hemi all are in the MUSCLE CAR CATAGORIE

nasty

Gents, I have to sell my wheels shortly as marriage problems have been on-going for the past few years. (Moving away) I know it's very difficult asking anyone a selling price on their vehicle when it comes down to it.

I feel that "you" guys are pretty close when it comes to window $$$, so thanks in advance on you expertise!

If anyone has the time to "look over" the link below (Our forum or Car Domain I have much information on the car what I have done in the past.

- 2500 stall
- 727 trans with TF2
- 391 Sure-grip
- TTI headers
- MSD

- Very good 904
- New Hoist
- Engine stand

Well as far as the car goes, it looks great. You have one thing against your location being on the island, and that there is more potential buyers on the mainland I would think. Would you consider taking it to the Langley car show Sept 6 th. Its one of canada's niggest shows. put a for sale siogn on it, and hope for the best.

Don't say why your selling it otherwise you are going to get every low baller under the sun trying to buy it for nothing. I know when I hear words like Devorce..or death..I see $$$$ signs ( that is usually you can get a deal on something) I may be interested in the rear if you are willing to sell it seperatly. But the problem is that stupid ferry, and over $100 each way. Your guna have a hard time for people from the mainland to come over just to look at it. You going to have the price set at a good price, that way someone will pretty much buy it over the phone. Not to say that you don't have any potential buyers on the Island...you just up your chances of selling it with the lower mainland is all.

As far as this sugested price goes...I think you will be able to get up to $7500 on a good day. There are lots of cars for sale all over north america, and most canadians are importing them south of the boarder because they are way more solid, and cheaper. Not to say your car is rusted, its not, but you can get a 1971 demon 340 for $14000 in the states, which is way more desirable than your car. you can see the odd 69 dart in the same condition as your car in Washington's craigslist for $6500 or less. If I had money right now, I wouldn't look at any cars in canada because of the prices, selection, and condition.

I would say you could sell it rather quick for $5000-$6000 ( just the car and orig engine)

Your guna be trying to sell it for a while if the price is any higher. knowone has $ to buy. The engine hoist, and stand isn't worth much to the sale of the package.

Good luck, hope you get what you want.

Phil

NOOOooo!, your car has by far been one of my fav's on the FABO site. sorry you have to sell it man.

acctually any car from 1975 and back were ALL concidered a muscle car bro......and a muscle car is what u make of it......slant six to hemi all are in the MUSCLE CAR CATAGORIE

nasty

I disagree with you on this point.all cars from 75 back are not muscle cars. ive got a 66 coronet solid roller cammd indy head 500 cube beast and I dont consider it a muscle car just a nice racetomod. Muscle cars by definition were built in detroit before emmissions and smog era and detroit packed the biggest guns they could under the hood. You should watch some my classic cars on the tube and learn a little about the muscle car era.slants tho cool were never considered muscle cars.

nasty
feather duster with a /6 and 2.76 gears. not quite muscle material. i get your point but not ALL cars. olds toronado isnt muscle. theres LOTS of u.s. cars in the preceding years that dont qualify. its all a matter of opinion. and even after 75 theres still cars people would call muscle. Volares can be done up nicely. 76 Dusters and Darts can too. the car this guy is tryin to sell is no doubt one hell of an expensive project. id say its got muscle written all over it

- 2500 stall
- 727 trans with TF2
- 391 Sure-grip
- TTI headers
- MSD

- Very good 904
- New Hoist
- Engine stand

to bad you gotta sell your baby. looks friggin sweet. as far as price. 35k take it or leave it

to bad you gotta sell your baby. looks friggin sweet. as far as price. 35k take it or leave it

$35,000?????...geez, Jimmy...better jump on that offer quick!!!!

Sorry to hear about the problems...haven't seen you at Francelli's this year, although I haven't been there eVery week either.

Let me know if I can help you out in any way during this time.

Sell it to a good friend for a buck, split it with the ex and buy it back for $50 later when things settle.

wow that looks nice, I would say its in the 7500-10000 range. It is a shame though had the economy not fallen it could easily be a 15k car.

By the way my '68 Newport isn't a muscle car its a cruiser. My '77 Aspen R/T is though.

hey jim too bad you gotta sell your car man! (this is the guy that told me about FABO!)
but good luck with whatever is going on, hope everything works out for the best. and i agree! sell it to a friend for $1 and buy it back later!

So sorry to hear you have to sell that beautiful car! Do hope life gets better for yah!

Well that's crappy news Jimmy :angry7: Did you say that you're moving off the rock? I hope not, us islanders gotta stick together :bootysha:

I w0uld h0ld 0ut f0r 10,000 because im sure y0u have m0re than that in it, and it is a very nice MUSCLE CAR

thats what id ask for. at least 25k. if u put over 10 in each motor hell yea thats reasonable. not to mention you breakin your back over its and cut your hands all up. band aids get expensive after a while. lol.

thats what id ask for. at least 25k. if u put over 10 in each motor hell yea thats reasonable. not to mention you breakin your back over its and cut your hands all up. band aids get expensive after a while. lol.

Thanks...Yes easy 10K into the car, however I don't think I said I put 10 in each motor..the engine/s 'just basic' short-block "rebuild" with replacement parts were:

318 - 1500.00
273 - 1700.00 (Crazy but it's was more then the larger one)

-
Back