What's better? 70-71 Duster taillights or 72?

Short ones or long ones?

• Total voters
-

HemiDave

Reaction score
The short ones or the long ones? The $40 Duster might need a tail panel change...so if I gotta change it anyway.....

Dave

I voted for the 70-71 taillights since i now have 2 71's. :D
Did you price a taillight panel yet?
There not cheap! I ended up buying a whole car pretty much for the panel.
I was able to pick it up cheaper than for what the western mopar yards wanted just for the panel!

My car is a 72, what I did was form a piece of red lexan so the tail lights look like one solid red lens. I'll take a pic one day and post it.

Might try and see which ones you can find the 70-71 are easier to find. I know I hunted for several months to find some 72's in good shape, like said above they are one year ONLY. But the 72's are lighter they are made of plastic insted of potmetal, otherwise I would have changed the tail panel. I was trying to get my car as light as I could. :scratch:

I voted short earlies... but let me recheck something..

you got a duster for $40? WHAT?

I voted for vthe short ones, just like em better, but it really doesn't matter; tail lights are for the other guy to look at.

70-71 everybody knows that , mine started out as a 73, the guy i bought it had it badly cut up and he was trying to install a demon tail panel and using wire to hold in the lites in,,,(73 tail lite mounting is alot different) i found a very nice 71 tail panel in 1991 at a junk yard and built mine into a "71"

I'd read somewhere that the tail lights on the '71 & '72 Demon were originally destined for the 1971 Duster 340 , as their design would've matched the then-new shark tooth grille ...

Handsdown the '70-'71's..one of the main reasons i own one it's also one of the best tailpanels mopar ever made :-D:-D

I voted for the 70-71 lites. Had the 71 car first, with that set-up.
The 72 cars should be worth more in the long run because of the one
year only tail lites.
I didn't like the later, 73 and up cars when they first came out.
But now that I have one, they have grown on me.
It would be tempting to convert my 73 to a 71, but I dont need the
cost.
When I bought my car in 2002 it was the right color and engine. So
it will stay a 73. But I still wish it was a 71 though.
I'm stuck with these tail lites.

Attachments

• 000_0069.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 97
-
Back