Whats everone working on?

-
What do you have for a combo? It looks like you have an Indy intake and Edelbrock heads from your pictures. Your car should run real well.

moparracer said:
What do you have for a combo? It looks like you have an Indy intake and Edelbrock heads from your pictures. Your car should run real well.
440 block .060 over
4.15 crank and rods by 440 Source
Ross piston flat tops 12:1 compression
950HP carb (current)
Pro Systems 1000HP (on order)
Indy intake
Edelbrock heads max wedge ported by Compu-Flo
2.14 1.81 [email protected] [email protected] 75cc
Comp cams 263/267 @ .050 648/660 lift
Crane Gold 1.6 rockers
2" Hooker Headers w/3" flowmasters (31/2"Borlas soon)
Continental "J" converter
4.56 gears w/detroit locker 83/4
33x18.50 Hoosiers Quicktime Pro's
It should run easy 10's right? Hopefully in the mid to low range. I also like to drive to the local shows and cruises. Your car is fast :salut: What's your combo?

I just got my motor back in my car today,all i need to do is the fluids an make some braided tranny lines,i still need to fab up my trunk floor for the fuel cell,an do something with my seat monts there too low for me an there layed back to far for my girlfriend so im going to put them up about an 1" to make both of us happy.I still need to get the tires mounted along with putting together my D shaft an u-joints,then shes on the road for sure.
MIKE

put clutch pedal setup in my slant six car and now car wont start :scratch: must have moved something just right i guess :roll:

got heads and oil pan on the big block for the turbo car, finishing, carb and intake too. should be ready to drop in real soon i hope.

--chad

TC67CUDA said:
moparracer said:
440 block .060 over
4.15 crank and rods by 440 Source
Ross piston flat tops 12:1 compression
950HP carb (current)
Pro Systems 1000HP (on order)
Indy intake
Edelbrock heads max wedge ported by Compu-Flo
2.14 1.81 [email protected] [email protected] 75cc
Comp cams 263/267 @ .050 648/660 lift
Crane Gold 1.6 rockers
2" Hooker Headers w/3" flowmasters (31/2"Borlas soon)
Continental "J" converter
4.56 gears w/detroit locker 83/4
33x18.50 Hoosiers Quicktime Pro's
It should run easy 10's right? Hopefully in the mid to low range. I also like to drive to the local shows and cruises. Your car is fast :salut: What's your combo?

10.36 Combo:
Stock block +.030
Aluminum main caps
Stock index ground crank with reduced counter weight dia.
LY rods ,polished, shotpeened, bolts etc.
Ross domed pistons. 12.3 actual compression
Total-Seal rings
Ultradyne .613 lift cam
Fully ported 906's with near Max wedge openings(required a little weld on top of intake ports)
2.18 intake valve,1.81 exhaust 289.9 cfm intake, 221 cfm exhaust
ductil iron rockers
Indy Intake with epoxied runners to match heads
950 HP holley
modified 2 inch hooker B-body headers
Turbo-Action 8inch 3800 converter
4.88 Dana w/ spool
Ladder bar/leaf spring suspension with Alston floaters(old school but works great)
14x31 Goodyears
spring and fall air in the Northeast is incredible

Your car should easily run low tens or better. I've got a friend with a 500 inch/Hensley ported edelbrock,.650 CompCams, combo in a 64 B-body that runs 9.90's at 3300 lbs with 4.56's,pure race car but runs real well. You have excellent airflow and a great combination. Get your suspension working well and your gonna fly. 8)

I put the Rancho 9000's in, and am now swapping the 4:10 spool for a 4:88 ls, We'll see if I can get the front wheels off the ground like MikesDuster.

Mopower71 said:
I put the Rancho 9000's in, and am now swapping the 4:10 spool for a 4:88 ls, We'll see if I can get the front wheels off the ground like MikesDuster.

You dont need 4.88s for that. Just have BigEdsGarage photoshop it.

I got a bunch done today. Replaced bolth lower control arms and strut rods, Drilled my rims for rim screws, messed with the carb alittle more, Changed the pump cams wich help alittle, and cut a piece of sheetmetal for the rear firewall.

I ran my 3/8's flex tranny lines today an changer the front break pads,also mounted my seat harrneses

Got the 4:88's in the rear and the Cal-Tracs on one side all set. Along with the Reworked spring, took it apart and put a few different leaves in it. Can't wait to sit it on the ground and make sure it sits ok, and wont' hit the tires. Then it's off to the track next Saturday to see if I can get it to do this
mikeslaunchupa.jpg
http://www.wideopenwest.com/~peelerboy/mikeslaunchupa.jpg

mikeslaunchupa.jpg

i am working on all kinds of stuff.

here's my home made fan shroud.

f4a600cb.jpg

i still have some wiring to do.

f49d5f49.jpg

and there is pleanty more to do.

here's a few more.

the motor is almost done. just a few more things.

f48f4206.jpg

f4426b65.jpg

f4426b34.jpg

i am ready to get this baby home.

Well everythings back together, and it sits just about right.
Just need to fill the rear and adjust the Cal-tracs, and adjust the rear float on the carb and it GO time again.

Last edited by Mopower71 : 05-08-2005 at 09:19 PM. Reason: flakey space bar on keyboard. Don't let your kids spill stuff on/in the keyboard

Sounds like my Key board. LOL

got alot of tinkering and welding done today. the induction system is almost done, the valve cover mods are done and just need to be cleaned and painted, longblock is almost all assembled too. hoping to drop the motor in next week!!!! :)

--chad

Got my squirters and a few jets in the mail today. Hopefully that will fix my surge/hesitation problems. I also started to strip down the 5.2 magnum. Brought the heads and a few other parts home with me.

Also got my new MoparMuscle mag today with a Magnum head article in it.

pos mopar harness is gone, and the car is rewired
front end rebuilt with .810 bars
battery is in the trunk now
just waiting on the machine shop for the motor and high 10's here i come :)

nightmare from hell----all i wanted was power brakes in the slant six car. so far, i have replaced the power booster (faulty unit), master cylinder(new aluminum style), left front caliper (broken bleeder screw), left rear wheel cylinder (broken bleeder screw), and both brake lines off the master cylinder (broke lines and fittings rusted to the lines).

still to replace is the right front caliper (broken bleeder screw) and prob should rebleed the entire system, just because. but hey, car stops alot easier now at least. and all this has only taken me about a week to accomplish. and i thought race car maintence/broken parts was bad........

--chad

rabius75 said:
damn, thats a mean looking dart!
i want a dart so bad :(
i love the bodies on them, so attractive to me!
well I got a dart you can buy but unfortunatly on I live in washington and two its a four door. WHat am I working on well at this moment taking my time working on my 1968 dart 270:
my20dart.gif

-
Back