Whats everone working on?

-
I just finished up on the new addition to the house. Now I can work on my cars. Here is some picts of my turbo project.

MVC-015F.png

MVC-016F.png

I have been in the junkyards getting the parts for my disc brake swap on the Valiant.

Mopower71 said:
Cryco, It's looking real good. Just becarful with it on the streets, I don't think Tweety's dart was lightened like your's. And it ran 9.90 before the engine went back in for upgrades.
Can't wait to hear how it runs.

No worries ! What I had in mind isn`t really street driving the car , just a quick spin around the block and back to the garage before the cops show up .How`s Andy`s place coming along?
Chryco

Andy told me to say hi for him
He's been real busy with the house and it looks great.
I haven't been up there in a few weeks, but he said he's got the porch on now also, besides the second floor up. It looks awsome and it's not even done yet.

now i am working on getting my spare 904 gearbox in skape for driving,my curent gearbox has started to behave a litle strange just like it uses to do before something breaks down, hope to have it done by wednesday, there is a legal streetrace then and i want a timeslip realy bad, so if i dont have it done by then i will race it as it is and hope it does not blow up :???:
mayby i should try a overhaul kit with better friction plates?
does anyone know wish kits are the best?
right now i am using raybestos..

I'm trying to wire up a Cuda Rallye Dash into my 70' Duster. The wiring harness is a mess. Thinking I might need to spring 500 smackers for a new harness.

One thing I'm struggling with is finding enough space to hook up the wires to the dash. Wires aren't long enough unless the dash is in place. Grrrrrrr.

After a pretty good season with my G/SA Duster last year, class wins at the Sportsnationals and the 51st Indy and a best of 10.81. I will be changing classes to D/SA with the higher compression engine and a change of tail lights.
Thanks Jerry

I just picked up this 68 Dart 270. The plans are for a 360, 727 for some cruising. I have already picked up another 74 Dart for the disc brakes and large bolt pattern rear. Now where do I start 'cause it looks like a never ending project right now.

Drt_0004.jpg600.jpg.jpg

Drt_0006.jpg600.jpg.jpg

currently waiting on my rallye mirrors to be rechromed by pauls chrome. also waiting on my front seatbelts to come back from ssnakeoyl. after that......humm?

working on my bargain ebay car. lol on this car that was ready to drive, so far installing a set of edelbrock heads, rebuilding the short block, new clutch, inline shifter, & swapping the 8 1/4 for a 8 3/4 with new leaf springs. watch that ebay stuff!

7demon2 said:
currently waiting on my rallye mirrors to be rechromed by pauls chrome. also waiting on my front seatbelts to come back from ssnakeoyl. after that......humm?
what do they charge to rechrome those mirrors

well i haven't gotten my quote back yet from pauls. i know that it is going to be about 200.00 each , but they are going to be show quality and garrented (i can't spell!) for life. so i will have to get back with you on that....at least i don't have much in them to start with!

7demon2 said:
well i haven't gotten my quote back yet from pauls. i know that it is going to be about 200.00 each , but they are going to be show quality and garrented (i can't spell!) for life. so i will have to get back with you on that....at least i don't have much in them to start with!
thanks, mike

well tonight I am drawing up a set of plans for a new barn, the other two are full. one has the 70 nova in it along with the 85 iroc-z and the john deere backhoe. the second barn is stuffed ...two harleys, the bracket car ( olds cutlass with a 406 sbc) .the 68 dart I just picked up and all of the rest of the crap we all seem to collect. it took me two days just to get everything inside for the winter. now I cant even open the doors on any of the cars, so it is time for one more building...good thing I have 6 acres here ,may need it all the way things are going....think I ll make space for a paint booth in this one. oh yea and a lift...problem is time and money... may as well make this the last building I will ever need , thinking about 32 by 48 feet.
if thats not enough i may have to sell a couple snowmobiles......gonna be a long winter.......

Dropping the 408 into the 74 Cuda...finally. Got the right brackets. :headbang: Also, found a source for DS glass for the 68 Bee so that will go in soon. Next is driving the 67 Cuda notch around to get it ready for winter.
Just noticed I am a Senior Member now! :tongue9: Thank ya! Thank ya, very much!! :toothy6:

Still working on little details left on my '69 Notchback... and very shortly, work is going to be started on my new '67 Fastback... full tubs, cage, shaved and smoothed body, 512 stroker motor... should be fun! :eek:)

Hey all,
Here's what's going on with my shaving. working on the pass. front fender now. Originally when I welded up the side marker I warped the metal around it so I had to cut a 6X10 section out and butt weld in a new piece of sheet metal. after that it's valances and finish the engine compartment, then prime/paint. I can't wait to see what a 72 Swinger looks like when Shaved.
I'm planning on putting the gas filler in the trunk, but recently I've been toying with a filler cap behind the rear window on the panel in front of the trunk. Don't you hate when you get into a project it always gets to be much more than you ever dreamed it would be?
I'll post pics soon

Stu

Dart_05_2005 002.jpg

We have spent the last week block sanding. Getting ready for final prime and more sanding. Man I am really hate sanding. This car better look awesome as a plumb crazy with silver double stripes down the top of the car. I will be glad when this Cuda is done. Then I can go to work on MY 72 charger. :wav: well thats all from Oklahoma Richard

My new daily beater project. :)

92 SWB Ram, 318 auto with pwr windows. Needs some TLC. Some paint is peeling off the top of the cab, needs tires really bad. Also could stand to have some new shocks. But with a little time it will be a decent beater truck!

My92RamNov302005.jpg

Well I am working on my 71 Swinger. I am hoping to make it streetable by May for the Mopar Nationals in Englishtown.

Here is what my plans are.

Swap out the front drum for a disk brake setup. Already have the conversion just waiting to install it.

Swap out the gears for something more streetable. I have someone insterested in my 8 3/4 with 5.38's and just may do a complete swap/trade for his 8 3/4 with 3.23's with big bolt pattern and would save me some money so that I don't have to buy a new ring and pinion and big bolt axles.

Replace the driver's side floor. Already have it too just waiting to be installed.

Finally, either get a set of temporary seats (of course we all know temporary winds up permanent) or reupholster a set of buckets seats that I have.

So if everything goes as planned (which it never does) I should have the car done my May (more like October).

-
Back