Whats everone working on?

-
ronnysplymouth said:
Hows that? Thanks

have always wanted a 67-69 dart with centerlines wide reartires any dark color and a bigblock that is one of those combinations that just rocks anyway you look at it :notworth:

duster340 said:
have always wanted a 67-69 dart with centerlines wide reartires any dark color and a bigblock that is one of those combinations that just rocks anyway you look at it :notworth:
Stroke my ego why don't ya....LOL

Thanks for the compliments................I've been wanting/dreaming of doing this since high school (I'm 37 now) and my last duster attempt ended early cuz a major move had me selling it so I'm bound determined to make it happen this time. :thumblef:

have been working all day with ignition and carb tuning with great succes!
started out with one bad mean overcamed smallblock that was like most people think a smallblock with a big cam and a edelbrock carb and big singelplane manifold works, you know sluggish bottom end torque and useles respons to throtle, thats what ii started with now after a half tank of gas and lots of burnt fingers i have a much more responsive engine that feels great to drive no stumbling or big peedal movement needed any more:)

managed to almost double the vacum in my intake manifold at idle:)

My son and I found this 72 Duster. After sitting under a carport for 15 years, we bought it off an elderly lady. Drained the tank, new battery and oil. Turned the key only to hear the 1972 6cyl. turn over and purred. Much to our suprise, the A/C compressor kicked on, all the lights lit, the AM radio played, and the wpiers wiped. A 340 is waited to be dropped in after some 1/4 patch panels and paint. We'll keep updates posted.

duster 1.jpg

duster 2.jpg

Finished the 496 6bbl runner several years ago. Got a mild 440 built for the Super Bee - again a few years ago. Got some interior pieces for the GTS - yup a while ago. Got a few pieces for the 69to68 runner conversion. Got the hood for the GTS, finally. With prices at the levels they are now I have to pick and choose what I can get. And with what is available in my pocket, that's not a lot at this time.

It looks like I'm the oddball of the group. I'm setting my car up for roadcourses as opposed to the drag strip. I've been there done that with a previous Mopar. I hope to have the front brakes done in a week or two, they are 13" Rotors with 2 piston PBR Calipers. Next will be the custom subframe connectors. I'm putting 2x3 box steel from the torsion bar crossmember back to where the rear subframe ties to the floor. Then I can get the engine and trans in to setup the rear suspension. It will be a Stockcar style 2 link, aka truck arm.
No pics right now, I'm away on business.
l8r

Latest goodies for the SilverFish include:

a set of SSBC rear disc brakes, .990 torsion bars, SPAX adjustable shocks, urethane bushings for the leafs, 11 3/4 disc conversion up front, and 17 x 8 wheels with 245/45's and 255/45's. Oh yeah, and swapped out the 3.55's for my 3.91's. Wheels are due in a few weeks, so unless they arrive early they are critical path.

Cheers!

:drinkers:

thanks to a bad transmission, worse emergency brake, and some bad judgement, i'm working on this...

51029.jpg

well, actually, the body shop is working on that! about the only nice thing about this is that i'm getting the body straightened and painted! The body and paint were nothing spectacular so I always figured i'd rather spend money on go-fast, handle well goodies, not really caring much about the looks..oh well, it's gonnal lookd good in black!

Tha motor and trans is done and I should be putting it in over the next week or two. I am just waiting on my convertor to get here.
I have also started to redo the dash, someone painted it all black and I am trying to remove the paint. Any ideas on how to remove paint from platic with out melting it?

2005_1224Image0010.JPG

I would love to say putting in the new motor.......however, :argue: the wife's got me putting in the new bathroom :sad9: :sad9:

This has been my project for the last 1 1/2 years and it's almost completed. I still have to tune the car and get my crane ignition set up for the boost but the major work is completed.

When I get done with the final touches, than I can start on the Valiant!!! :thumrigh:

The front bumper and hoods needs a little TLC but it still drives good.

HKEBO-Picture019.png

And the Engine Bay.

XYCOK-Picture017.png

CRHWN-Picture016.png

It has a stratus 2.4 with SRT-4 pistons and rods. A ported and polished head with 3 angle valve job. T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo and few other goodies. It should put down 300 HP easy to the front wheels and make a good D.D.

Working on a 67 Polara Convert. Interior out 1/2 done in white pleather New top, window, will start on floor patching soon body pretty straight, just a couple of spots to work on before prime and paint

Working on my father in law's 99 Dodge Dakota. Pulled the transmission and transfer case to replace a leaking freeze plug in the back of the block (V6). What a pain. :sad1:

Finally tore my car down for paint replaced lwr. rear rust, blocked it once getting ready to primer again, waiting for it to cool down it's been 105 degrees at my house for the last week. I'll send some pictures soon

well currently my wife and i are stripping the black dyed vynal top back to it's original white. what a pain!! :sad1:

67 Barracuda S 273 Commando - All OE, 4 Piston KH power disc brakes, sure grip rear, 2 speed wipers, center console, rally instrumenmt pack with tach, power steering, head rests........... its got it all except A/C and I don't think you could get A/C with the formual S package. The best part is it only has 20K documented miles, the bad part is the guy I purchased it from had it sitting outside for several years. However it has no major rust. The interior is in good condition except for the chrome which is pitted from sitting outside. It even has the original spare tire (a Red Line). I have the certicard, original bill of sale, broadcast sheet and a duplicate of the original window sticker. I just got through replacing all of the front brake lines and hoses, rebuilt the calipers and replaced the rotors, brake pads and wheel beraings. Currently the power booster is out getting rebulit at Goldline Brakes in CA. It runs fairly well, once the power booster is back I may put it up for sale, I have some different projects I want to start. I'll see I may have such a good time driving it, it may be a keeper........... pictures to follow as soon as the booster is on.

Nice find Dave. I did some bolt on stuff recently to the Duster. Eddy 600 Carb, because the old TQ was leaking badly. Eddy RPM intake, due to intake leak at cyl 6&8. Just bought a set of Ultralite II guages, installed tach but still deciding how to configure custom dash. Bought a new, unused 727 TCI Streetfighter transmission off a guy for $600 locally. I will install when I put in new engine. Also told the guy about this website because he has a 65' Dart-Charger. Currently, looking for local shops to do engine.

Well got all the front brake lines in, including the 2 from the master to the prop valve, got the dashboard, rear sail panels and the other miscellaneus interior metal trim all scuffed and painted the proper colors of black, got the last of my steering pieces cleaned and painted with high epoxy chassis black hopefully tomorrow I'll get the steering parts in, and maybe get the motor and trans bolted into place...

Ryan

I'm new here. Cool site.

Working on a '69 Valiant 2 dr post I picked up last September.

So far I've yanked the /6 and 7.25", replaced about 40" of frame rail in the front, rebuilt the drivers shock tower, converted to 11.75" disks, replaced snapped driver side T-bar, replaced bent driver side strut rod, all new Moog bushings up front, found a V8 K-frame & sway bar, replaced 38" inches of frame rail in the rear, built new shackle mounts, installed a 9" rear and a set of '06 Mustang Bullitt rims.

Next up is to fix the rusted door sills, front spring hangers, drivers floor, inner fenders and rear quarter panels. Media blast and paint the underside, install subframe connectors, install K-frame, assemble the engine, fit the front rims, fit the A518, brake lines, fuel lines, find a posi unit......

I'm thinking spring of 2008.

'72 Duster; ground-up build/resto.
Should be several years in the making, if my finances hold up. I'll be logging the progress in part II of Captainkirk's Duster Project, with plenty of pix.

for me im still workin on my cuda's fenders so i can drive here, i cant wait. plus ive been doing a lil body work to my dd a honda i dont wanna drive around with huge rust holes it looked really ugly. im going crazy not being able to drive my cuda :sad9:

I Got A 73 340 Duster Pulled The Motor To Freshen It Up And Foun The Drivers Side Motor Mount Was Broke Off The Block (block Pices Were Missing) Also The Alignment Stud Was Snapped Of The Block
So After Several Hours Of Depression I Was Given A 383 So My Question Is This What Will It Take To Put The Big Block In My Car
And Does Anyone Have Any Web Sites That Will Help.

Thanks

-
Back