Whats everone working on?

-
This is what we have got cooking in the garage. a smokin hot

87 Dodge Dakota,, the last pic is when i got it home from GA.

P5240003.jpg

P5240004.jpg

P5130002.jpg

P5120011.jpg

P5150013.JPG

PC090107.jpg

sorry i took so long to reply. i thought people would email me , not post. call 727-733-0577 or email johnnycastleseed@verizon.net
i'de love a Charger. ide even love to salvage a hybrid technology car or a 4 cyl. diesel car so i could survive this mess we're in.
samples_of_paint_chips.jpg
[/IMG]

front_72cuda.jpg

front_challenger.jpg

Finally Painted!
I know it's not an a-body, but just wanted to let you all know what i was working on. my latest project.............finally painted. I painted it on thursday last week(took most of the day). It is a custom mix yellow that i mixed, and it's base/ clear all PPG products. Four coats of deltron DBU color and five coats of DCU2021 clear. a 1974 big block 4speed roadrunner

IMG_1833.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

IMG_1845.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_1855.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

johnnycsp
was wondering if any one has done the head swap on a /6 that includes an Austrailian /6 HEMI head. Ive heard they perform like a 340 but with much better gas mileage.
I hate to take two steps backwards into the 70's and 80's when eveyone was crushing even the finest types of MOPARS because they didnt know they'de be valuable and because they could compare their gas consumtion to the 70's and 80's cars.....but I use my mopars daily and can no longer afford the gas. So, im considering unusual things like hemi-/sixes to 4 cyl. diesel or even salvaged hybrid power plants.
Anyone care to comment on the validity of such things? NOTE: I already know the invalid.

Hemi Sixes get about 25mpg stock 14mpg when the webbers are on (302BHP)

100_0769.jpg

expo2007045.jpg

Triples.jpg

Hemi Sixes get about 25mpg stock 14mpg when the webbers are on (302BHP)

Will the hemi head bolt onto the american 225 without any issues?...oh great another project!

I got my van up and running last weekend now all I have to do is adjust the valves and set the timing. Got the console in Nikis 72 and did some mock up on the 360 thats going in my 53 merc. I just have to order a new gasket kit, strip the rest of the paint, slap some primer on it and pollish everything else.
Did they ever make a finned aluminum oil pan for a 360?

100_1117.jpg

Got lotsa interested persons....just waiting for that special someone to produce the $$$$$. Got 2 people comming on Friday to see the car. Wish me luck. I really have hesitations about selling it, but it's probably for the best. I just came in from the garage, waxing the love of my life.

One thing I know for sure....love is a temporary thing....it's mearly Geography misconstrued. Think about that, while I go for another beer..........Sick

got rid of the crappy headers from 1972 in favor of stock manifolds .

engine 001.jpg

swapping door and hatch locks on the ramcharger tonight. When I snagged 'em off the truck some guy was scrapping I forgot to get the key. Duh.

Well last Oct.2007 I bought a 74 duster and I removed everything under the car but the gas tank. The 318 I had rebuilt and used 360j heads. The trans 904 was rebuilt and a shift kit installed. I repalced the 7 1/4 with an original a body 8 3/4 rear end with a 489 case running a 3:55 gear. I refreshed the leaf springs ( added a leaf ). All new moog front end parts every bushing, ball joints and tie rods I replaced. Frame tied the car also sent to Rhode Island for a frame rail cap and welded it in also. Replaced all brake lines, master cyclinder, capilers,wheel cylinders and I put 11x2.5 rear brakes. All electrical components were replaced and I am now going to replace the wiring. I wire wheeled the under side and engine comparment and repainted it. So far she drives like a new grocery getter with a bit of rear wheel spin

New rear sway bar on cuda, new X exhaust system, fix leaking exhaust manifold on drivers side, replace heads with new pocket ported heads..new plugs, wires and dist cap....After I finish the new bathroom!! Oh yeah, start on the 360 I'm rebuilding.

I'm waist deep in the AlterKtion installation on my 65.

I've got the K-member out, and have removed the bump stops. I also have removed the hood hinges to accommodate the lift off fiberglass hood.

The AlterKtion components have been painted, and the steering column is out to remove the excess shield for header clearance and the installation of the shaft bushing. The brake M/C and stock proportioning valve are removed to make room for the aluminum Wilwood unit, and adjustable prop valve.

Here's an image of the test fit prior to cleanup and paint.

Cheers!

DSCN8990.jpg

my 340 is built again (3rd time is a charm)

tomorrow we take it to Pro Max and run it on their dyno to break the cam in, set timing,valves and carb

once it has been run so I can install my new coated headers in the car without worry of damaging them, it goes to the paint shop for a new fresh coat of Indigo blue. I'm hoping that it is back in the car and running in the next 3 weeks.

Then to change the 3.23 3rd member with one with new 3.73 gears

0001340.jpg

I,m working on putting a richmond 5 spd in my 340 duster with a hydraulic clutch almost done but sorry I started this project it was a nitemare

STILL been hunting for a fender and bumper for my '72 Duster. I think my auto body shop may have found a fender. He'll be receiving it this week some time, lets just hope it's the right one this time.

We may have to tweak the bumper to get it back on. I didn't realize it was so difficult to find parts for these old babies!! Oh, well,

In the meantime, I've been doing the prepping and painting myself. A panel at a time. Almost done with the body paint, then it's on to the art work.

blew up the motor in my 89 Chevy S10 a few weeks back. had a 2.5 so called IRON DUKE. sat still on a backwoods road for about 3 minutes at 3000rpm with the right tire roasting off. got home and tried to start it up an hour or so later. had a blown head gasket 208626 miles on the motor. the tire was sol. bought a new 2.5 with 117k miles put it in. finally gettin it ready to go. 91 2.5 89 S10. wiring harness wouldnt match the distributor so i had to swap the distributor out. now the timings way off. hope to have it runnin tomarro so i can drive it to school. its a shortbed and man is it fun to do donuts and drift aroudn and cause all kindsa chaos. when my Darts dont ill be more subtle. lol its a straight headered machine!! and my s10s quiet. so i can do burnouts without gettin noticed. it is a chevy but its fun to romp around in. i hope i dont get kicked off the site for sayin that. =\

As far as my A-Body, my mechanic is still working on the front end and brakes. I'm waiting for parts to show up to put together a 2x2bbl setup. Aside from that, I managed to wrestle a class IV trailer hitch onto my pickup (01 Dodge Ram) this past weekend...not a one-man job. And I'm going to be mounting one of my electronic shotgun racks in the storage area behind the seat and adding a gooseneck map light as soon as I figure out a convenient place to put it.

I'm working on my '72 Swinger Special with a 225 Slant 6 and 904 Torque-Flite transmission. Right now I'm mainly gathering the parts but I have done a couple of things. First I removed the stock fan, which was a 4 blade fan bolted solid to the water pump, (as in no fan clutch). I replaced it with a 16" Flex-A-Lite S-Blade Electric Fan mounted in front of the radiator in pusher mode, and I have already installed a Pertronix Ignitor Electronic Ignition, Pertronix Ignitor Coil, Blue Streak Cap, Accel Super Stock Plug Wires and Bosch Platinum Plus Plugs. I have purchased a Super Six Intake with a remanufactured carburetor (not an Advance Auto Special, it was done by a quality carb shop) and a Mopar Performace Cast Air Cleaner assembly to top it all off. I also have a new set of Hooker Super Comp headers after a month of waiting while it was on back order and then welding up the head flanges and grinding them flat because they were so sorry from the factory. They were only .137 from being flat, the flange itself wasn't warped at all, the welds that seal against the head port bosses were just ground terribly and after complaining to Hooker customer service and getting no help I just fixed them myself. I will NEVER buy another set of Hooker Headers again and if anyone else had made tuned headers for a Slant 6 I would have returned these in a heartbeat! Luckily I ordered them painted so I didn't have to grind off the coating to weld them. I live 30 minutes from Jet-Hot Coating's World Headquarters so I'm getting them coated with their Sterling Silver coating which is better than the standard coating and from what I've read, way better than the coating Hooker uses. Behind the headers I am installing a full 2 1/4 dual exhaust with a Magnaflow stainless X-pipe, a pair of 4 inch round body Magnaflow Stainless Mufflers and a set of stainless tips, which have not been bought yet. I also have a Trans-Go Shift Improver Kit to install to firm up the ol' slush box and a new Motive-Gear 3.55:1 Ring & Pinion and a Dana 7 1/4 Powerlock Sure-Grip to Install. This completes phase 1 of my quest for performance. Later I plan to rebuild the head with oversize valves, 3 or 5 angle valve job, .090 milled off the bottom and a full port and polish job. Then I plan to install a performance cam, double roller timing chain and a Aussie Speed & Performance 4 Barrel intake and a small Road Demon 4BBL carb and a Gear Vendors Overdrive Unit. That's what I'm working on. I got my hands full for a while but that's the way I like it :eek:)

100_3757.jpg

100_3945.jpg

100_3989.jpg

parts001.jpg

parts010.jpg

100_4011.jpg

-
Back