What's in your "Bad day bag?"

-

TinyValiant74

Reaction score
The concept of the "Bad Day Bag" is something I'm sure we've all thought of. It's a bag of any size, usually a duffel, you carry in the trunk of your car that contains the bare essentials. I started carrying one because I never knew when I was going to be stuck in the middle of nowhere overnight and I figured it was a good idea to have some spare stuff, "just in case".

So, with that in mind here's what in my "Bad Day Bag"

-two blankets
-Change of clothes
-Change of shoes
-two bottles of water
-road flares
-socket wrench set
-Med Kit
-OBD2 Code reader
-Jumper Cables
-Condoms
-Glock 19 with Black Talon Ammo, with paperwork
-K-bar fighting knife
-Wire snips
-Duct tape
-Magnesium/Flint Stick
-Lighter
-1 roll toilet paper
-Hammer
-2 flashlights
-1 quart motor oil
-60 feet climbing rope

I just thought it would be amusing to see what everyone has in their trunk.

When I do get away from the house very far
Cell phone
40 caliber side arm.
22.mag ss1 riffle with scope, Food provider.
sleeping bag
good pair of boots
coveralls
peanut butter
six pack of water.
and flash light's
fishing nauseates
Always a aluminum small floor jack, spare tire.
Lighter flint's and fluid
No condoms, I am dedicated to my wife.
and a set of knives for any use.
3 gallons of gas in a gas can.
extra caps for this balding head.
gloves
all fit in a box in a locked tool box in the back of my truck.
and a stash of cash.
and a full tank of gas.

-two blankets
-Change of clothes
-Change of shoes
-two bottles of water
-road flares
-socket wrench set
-Med Kit
-OBD2 Code reader
-Jumper Cables
-Condoms
-K-bar fighting knife
-Wire snips
-Duct tape
-Magnesium/Flint Stick
-Lighter
-1 roll toilet paper
-Hammer
-2 flashlights
-1 quart motor oil
-60 feet climbing rope

Doesnt all sound bad

LOL!! This is great! I am not as big a weirdo as I thought.

The wife thinks we are all nuts, but if something ever goes not to plan she is usually glad that I am prepared.

I'm still trying to make the connection between the condoms and the OBD-II code reader..... 8)

The rest of it sounds like glove box supplies for a saturday night back in the 80's...... :evil4:

-two blankets
-Change of clothes
-Change of shoes
-two bottles of water
-road flares
-socket wrench set
-Med Kit
-OBD2 Code reader
-Jumper Cables
-Condoms
-K-bar fighting knife
-Wire snips
-Duct tape
-Magnesium/Flint Stick
-Lighter
-1 roll toilet paper
-Hammer
-2 flashlights
-1 quart motor oil
-60 feet climbing rope

I just thought it would be amusing to see what everyone has in their trunk.

Why do I hear the theme from "Mission Impossible" when I read this list? :glasses2:

Way too much stuff - totally overkill.
McGuyver only needed a shoe string, one foil gum wrapper, a ball point pen, one paper clip, and a toothpick to get himself out of most any situation.
icon10.gif

Jerry

you don't need toilet paper, thats why we wear socks.

just make sure you don't go out with sandals on...

I bought an emergancy roadside kit from walmart several years ago. Opened only once to add a small tape measure, swiss army knife, and a note pad w/ pencil.
Question... condoms in the bad day bag? "Oh no! shes gonna wanna ... " ?

I got sick of the weather in my province in the past couple years it's been getting progressively worse so I decided I'm going to start a get out of any situation bag. Actually tool boxes to be more precise. One will be overnight survival if it gets to that point with as has been said:
-blankets
-extra clothes
-space heater that runs on propane
-medical kit
-extra shoes
-reflective signs(like the stop sign stuff enough to reflect but not blind you-good for putting near vehicle so other vehicles at night can locate you)
-water
-toilet paper
-flashlight
-old newpapers(can be used in a pinch to add insulation to your body-being comfortable is something I'll sacrifice for being warm)
-a windup radio for news reports and background noise to keep you sane.
-depending on what the laws will be for me a small pistol and knife in case someone decides to try and make off with anything you have while stranded.

My vehicle quick fix tool box will have:
-duct tape
-rtv sealer
-rad hoses
-coil
-plug wires
-spark plugs
-socket set
-engine oil
-tire repair kit
-antifreeze
-led wind up light(really cool product I found it's got a magnet to fasten to your hood etc. and uses a windup crank for power and charges with a 110 volt wall plug initially.
-flares
-small jack and jack stands
-swiss army knife
-wire snips
-electrical repair kit
-old laptop with some type of reserve power for my megasquirt system
theres probably things I'm forgetting but can't remember it all, all the time.

Since I will be with a winch on my truck and limited slip differentials I will also have a recovery kit:
-winching accessories
-hand held flood light
-roof mounted flood lights(will also be aimable from inside the vehicle)
-kitty litter
-anchors to fasten myself to trees anything I can to winch someone out.
-a hydraulic winch on the front and an electric winch out back(hydraulic because it will work harder longer then the electric.

A little extreme I know but if you were stuck out in a -50 without the windchill blizzard you'd love just the sight of my many lights/snowplow.

Trucks getting a nice torquey LA 360 with magnum heads and intake with the mpfi system wired up with a megasquirt efi. Running studded 35x12.5 tires, with 8 bolt axles Dana 60 rear with a Dana 44HD front axle. disc brakes all around. lights everywhere(colored so you'd still know the direction I'm going red in back amber up the sides and white up front)

Damn GT! you've got alot more stuff than I could ever fit into my trunk. But you're damn right, all that stuff would be great to have in a blizzard. Cheers to you sir for being that prepared.

Well after flying up to idaho to pick up my new ordered truck i drove back down to the bay area an i say 6 wrecks on the highway an it realy got me thinking of getting supplys for my new rig.the list has now started
- new bed mounted tool box
- onboard air compressor
- three 40' tow straps
- almost every recovery item for an off road rig u can think off(we have a jeep trail rig)
- just ordered strobe kits for the stock lighting
- got a roof mounted counstuction light (bright as hell)
- a walmart medical kit
- extra clothes
- reflective signs
- small tool box (my pick an pull box)
- an more stuff on the way
Ive already pulled out a half dozen of my buddies cars from stuck in the mud trucks to blown up motor chevys once all my buddies found i that i got a long bed cummins dually im now a phone call away private tow rig!im gonna start charging soon i think!lol
all this stuff has come in handy more then one time,my little bro wrecked his DD jeep into a side off a mountain deep in are hills an he had no clue where he was took an hour to find him(he was ok)the jeep was on its side in the middle of two lanes to two blind corners,thankfully no one drove my an hit him, he was all alone in the hill for a hour with no lights.LOL then the GF got in a wreck with her friends out in the back woods in a small creek no one was hurt just 4 terrified cheerleaders!(my little hell)both times no one was hurt an no one else was involed an no one saw what happiend so no cops involved just mikey an his ram!

MIKEY

Condoms are a good thing to have with you... but they gotta be super heavy duty. They can be used for many emergency situations... for example... a temporary replacement for a broken fan belt. Or to seal up a leaking radiator hose.

In my truck I carry

long pants (i wear shorts almost all the time)
socks
shoes
t shirt
sweater
blanket
pillow
and a hat.

But since reading this thread I think I'll be adding condoms to the list as I'll be single again very soon. :)

There is also a cooler usually with ice and gatorade in it. Anything else and I'm calling a wrecker or the police.

That is "winch" - not "wench" - correct?
icon12.gif

Jerry

lol been there down that. my 98's truck bed is great for that lol. (lol never knew how comfortable a rubber truck bed liner could be until your under a blanket on it lol.

Damn GT! you've got alot more stuff than I could ever fit into my trunk. But you're damn right, all that stuff would be great to have in a blizzard. Cheers to you sir for being that prepared.

oh add a fire extinguisher to that list to you never know when you might need one of those.

First and foremost, my H+K USP .40 compact.
Fire extinguisher, extra alternator, extra set of points, spare tire, tools, extra drive belt, flashlight, extra batteries, small lightweight floor jack and a thick piece of plywood for jack support on soft ground,road flares, and reflective marker stands, first aid kit, extra water bottles, cleaning supplies, blanket, extra coat, toilet paper.
Gas can!!

-
Back