whats it worth- 1967 dart

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a 1967 dart - he's asking $1,800 but hes a chevy guy and Im pretty confident I can get it for a 1,000. he says it has a 340 in it..... you know how that is. I called and he said he thought it was a 340 because it has a 340 torker intake on it and headers and a holley carb, yes.. I know . That does not mean its a 340. he said engine came out of a 1971 challenger and the po told him it was a 340. orig. paint , car is a orig. 273 2brl car. car is a export car as well. Int. is good, has good rear seat and all the dash parts. He also has a pair of mustang 2 bucket seats... LOL . it needs 2 lower quarter patches and front and rear floors, and trunk. the frame and inner fenders are super solid, roof ect. . I have a brand new full trunk pan and 3 1968 fenders I can piece together to make 2 nice ones. I also have 2 new quarter ext. and 2 rear floor pans. I am most likely going to look at it Tuesday. Thanks

Attachments

• dn.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 447
  • nazaz.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 387
  • sndsj.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 392
  • untitledjsx.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 377
  • untitledncc.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 368
  • nn dnf.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 399
  • dfv.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 404
haha, yes.. I am willing to atleast go look at it.... If I can get it cheap enough, I will and then I will figure out what to do with it

I would make damn certain that's a 340 engine first, crawl underneath it and read the casting numbers.

Yup, really Im just looking for something to keep me entertained this summer, if it's a 340 or 273 then okay but. A 318, I'll see if I can get it cheap for a parts car

as long it is not a total rust bucket and you can get it fot $1500.00 or less I don't think you could go wrong.Does it have a 8 3/4?

Certainly worth $1500 and probably worth what he's asking! I would buy it! Geof

Man, if it's as solid as you say,,,,,,,,,and as it looks, it would not matter if it was a 273, it's worth that money

Cool, not that I need another project, .... I love these style darts, mainly it's just the fun of bringing a car back to life

Its worth what he is asking but a lower price is even better. Being a V8 and all in the rust belt and having not been stripped is what makes it worth that.

Yup, really Im just looking for something to keep me entertained this summer, if it's a 340 or 273 then okay but. A 318, I'll see if I can get it cheap for a parts car

Nothin wrong with a 318. They may be a dime a dozen and i was plannin on eventually swapping mine for a 340 or 360 till I read a few articles on 350-400hp teens with mostly stock parts. Now I don't know!!8) as for the dart Idk a whole lot about those years but seems to be a fair deal!

that's very true, my dad does have a freshly built 400 horse 340 shortblock he would sell.. never know.. I have seen many people build 318s up as well.

Climb underneath is and find out if it have a 340 in it. If the car runs and drives and has a 340 $1800 is a steal.

-
Back