What's it Worth? 70 Dart Swinger 318

-
True, but you also have to compare where we live. They salt the roads like crazy here, and you live in California. The prices of Mopars up here is always always higher than the ones down there. I'm not saying it's impossible, I bought my driving /6 70 Dart in the same condition as yours for $2000 about 7 years ago, but these days it's tough to do.

True.....You might have to come down to the "Dry" states and pick one up.
They all over the place, and cash is king right now.
Sold a clean/rust free 70 Duster (very sad day) to a guy from Canada. He was down here with a car hauler, and had several cars on it.

My modo (sp?) is to get the cleanest rust free car to start out with.
Even if you have to hold out a little longer.

True.....You might have to come down to the "Dry" states and pick one up.
They all over the place, and cash is king right now.
Sold a clean/rust free 70 Duster (very sad day) to a guy from Canada. He was down here with a car hauler, and had several cars on it.

My modo (sp?) is to get the cleanest rust free car to start out with.
Even if you have to hold out a little longer.

I'm not denying holding out a little longer at all. I'm just saying you can't really compare the price of a super clean 70 Dart from our dry area to the price of one up here.

We found this 74 Dart Swinger on Craigslist for $1500 by the original owner here in Central Texas about two and a half years ago. I offered $1000 and they took it. I'm originally from Ohio and know that rust free cars are next to impossible to find up there. These are before and after shots of the car and no body work was required, just lots of elbow grease to accomplish these results. I know the further north we go, the more the cars value increases. We also have a 73, four-door donor car with a 318 that we got for $500 that ran and drove when we got it.

Attachments

• Eng before.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Eng after.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 102
  • front before.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 100
  • front after.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 131
  • rear before.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 117
  • rear after.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 122
  • trunk after.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 107
ya 500 at best here in CO. there is so much rust that it would just get parted out and these fools would sell each door for 500 a piece,400 for the glass and 200 a fender and 300 for the grill and....well you get the idea. all these crooks on craigslist think A bodies are cast out of gold blocks.

NICE car "button"!!! - Being from BC, I think we do pay more for cars here in Canada than down in the U.S. (more for parts too) That being said I think its best to spend as much as you can possibly afford on the initial purchase of your project car, and try and get one in as best shape as possible. After that its yours, and that cheap deal quickly turns into a money pit. I've learned that the hard way(more than once too :))

We,ve all bought a car that friends think..is not worth it.If we all bought rustfree,great running cars,how would we learn to work on them?Hopefully your friend bought this one to be his"project"?Hopefully he can turn it into the car off his dreams.I know I,ve done it before.:D

Petty, the thing that sort of got me right off the bat, is he originally said he was just going to 'fix this one up to drive around in' while he restores a 72 Dart he has. The 72 is a parted out shell with no running gear, glass, interior, wiring, ANYTHING. I said if you're so set on a 72, why not just build this 70, and swap over the grill, bumper, gauge cluster, and marker lights?? He said nope, he wants a 72.. I don't get it, but hey, it's his car.

-
Back