What's more Badda$$...........

Which is more badda$$?

• 1968 S/S Dart 426

Votes: 165 46.5%
  • 1968 S/S Barracuda 426

Votes: 190 53.5%

• Total voters
-
An old friend of mine bought a s/s cuda new in 1968 , his name was Ken Montgomery , he said these cars were very porely built and required alot of tuning and suspension work to get them race ready . All in all it was just remarkable something like this could have been bought at a dealer .

:prayer:

2573516-ugiii8-jpg.1714673754

View attachment 2573516-ugiii8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
not a fan of the wheel well cut-outs, but it's for a purpose. Always loved the look of those darts and that HEMI scoop !! Cuda is sweet, but I'll take the dart 1st...

If no price mentioned, love the Cuda... Has to be a notch back.. Bending the rules,I am.

An old friend of mine bought a s/s cuda new in 1968 , his name was Ken Montgomery , he said these cars were very porely built and required alot of tuning and suspension work to get them race ready . All in all it was just remarkable something like this could have been bought at a dealer .

I would have liked to have met him. These guys are our heroes.
In fact Kens barracuda is the inspiration for my hemi barracuda
project. Going on 13 years of parts collecting and building now.
I have to go with the barracuda for the vote but like the dart also.

Love Bucky Hess"s SS/SA class Cuda. His kid does most/ all of the paint. Would love to watch one, of the Hemi SS shootout's. Still love old school. 60's style heads up racing.

I am a Dart guy through and through, but the looks of the wheelwells give the edge to the Barracuda.

I own 2 darts and ill have to go with the Barracuda. I dont like how Hurst had to hack the darts quarters up to get bigger tires under it. JMO.... Either way, both sweet rides.

I agree, the hacked quarters kinda sour it a bit.

It would have been a much easier question though, if I could have chosen either one against a Yugo. :D

I agree, the hacked quarters kinda sour it a bit.

It would have been a much easier question though, if I could have chosen either one against a Yugo. :D

Bruce, FWIW : I HAVE seen a Pro Street Yugo , backhalf cosmetics, only. (1991 Cal Expo street machine nationals, Sacramento., downright hilarious.)

Dart, And current record holder ran a 8.285 at 160.50 mph at ATCO in New Jersey 2014. Badass is Badass. Just in case you all have the chance. Go to one of the Hemi Challenge meets and stand at the finish line when these cars are hitting the traps. You can just feel all the mechanicals singing on just race fuel. Amazing what these guys have done do these 1968 cars only. No clones allowed so you really are watching history. Jeez...NHRA has a class just for them.

img_9374-jpg.1714781031.jpg

View attachment IMG_9374.jpg

Here is a sweet vintage video of the "Wild Fire" Dart :prayer: :happy1: :glasses7:

Just watched Arlen Vanke's Hemi 'Cuda go for 130k ,on Mecum Auctions. He didn't seem too happy, to let it go.

-
Back