What's my big block 75 Duster worth?

-

superbee_68

Reaction score
Help me out guys because I have no idea. 1975 Duster. Has a 383 auto, schumacher mounts and tri-y headers, still has drum brakes and small rear-end. Interior is decent and has racing buckets, paint job is a 30-40 footer, depending on how good your eye sight is. It takes a great picture but it is no show stopper. This thing could be a really nice car with a little more tlc. You could have it road worthy in a weekend, it runs but the gas tank, drive-shaft, and power steering pump are in the trunk. I took this thing on trade so don't know much more about it than what I already said. Give me some opinions on the value please.
Thanks

Attachments

• 9293780418_ce7b935cfa.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 9293780228_6440bbb9c5.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 253
  • 9291004115_5fd9512bde.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 9293780120_1d6ca84971.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 251
  • 9291003793_a154f32e43.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 245
Really need more info. How is the body; any issues with rust or previous body work? "As is" it might be worth 1500 - 2500, it could be more. You've got to get her running and do the TLC to really get your best return on investment.

As far as the body goes, hood, roof, and decklid are straight. The fenders both look good, the doors have no rust but a few waves and dents. The quarter panels have the same story, a wave or dent here and there. The worst offender is the rear driver quarter. It has been patched and they didn't do a great job. Floors and trunk look good. It's a Texas car so the underside looks fine.

You have a few things going against you. First it is a later model car, 73+ are arguably not as desirable. Second it is non running. Third you know little history of the drive train or it's condition.

That being said, to me it's maybe a $1,500 dollar car. Only because it looks half way decent in the pictures.

As far as the body goes, hood, roof, and decklid are straight. The fenders both look good, the doors have no rust but a few waves and dents. The quarter panels have the same story, a wave or dent here and there. The worst offender is the rear driver quarter. It has been patched and they didn't do a great job. Floors and trunk look good. It's a Texas car so the underside looks fine.

Maybe $1,000:D

Yeah - the easy stuff was done - the engine was dropped in place. It looks like car I'd value around $12-1500 as it sits. Get it driving with all the major components right (like a factory fuel tank/sender/lines, an 8 3/4, and a driveshaft) and it would be more of a $4-5K car with imperfections but solid.

Let's pretend the car runs and drives because that is priority number 1 this Saturday morning.

There was a running, driving BB Duster down here on CL at $2500 for a few weeks.

Never saw it listed at a lower price, but did see the ad reposted a couple of times.

I assume it sold for somewhere near that price.

Body looked pretty good in the pics, and I've been known to spot bondo in photos :)

With that said, reasonably clean 318 and even 6 cyl cars get listed in the $3500-$5000 range.

-
Back