Whats my car worth?

-

Pirate duster

Reaction score
its a 74 duster. Front floor pans need replaced, quarters need replaced and something happened to the passenger side door and the PO filled it it with body filler. Brand new BFGoodrich drag radials on the back and brand new Cooper Cobras on front, 14" wheels and drum brakes, 8 1/4 rear end with 2.76. All the glass is there and the trim./6 converted to 1971 318, 360 heads with mild cam, brand new edelbrock air gap intake, lightly used edelbrock 750, new breather, morosso aluminum valve covers, new alternator, new water pump, new fuel pump, new coil. Hedman headers and 904 tranny. anything im forgot? thanks, charlie

Attachments

• car 1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 252
  • car 5.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 240
  • car 10.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 244
  • car 3.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 244
  • car 9.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 256
  • car 8.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 247
  • car 6.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 246
  • car 2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 255
the interior isnt that great. back seat is in near perfect condition, have kick panels but bucket seats need reupholstered, needs dash pad and headliner. has console shifter.

hard to say without seeing the trunk and floor pans. the lower quarters look rusty, and that could lead to other rust issues. but i would agree with 68FormulaS340

it might be worth 1500 without the motor or brand new tires all the way around it. and it does run. even though i asked, i want some of what you guys are on. i seen cars that are in worse condition than mine on this site that want more than than, and you responses are unbelievable. i got $1000 dollars in bolt ons that you can see. $850 in tires. give something a little better than that. $750?! you gotta get off the pipe dude

No disc brakes, body damage, interior work, no decent paint, set up for 14's.
You might get more out of just the engine and trans without the car.
Not trying to be an a** to you or anything, just the way it is.

You are right however that there are people who will buy it for more than it's actually worth are out there.

..........very nice cars are selling for $6500.00- $8500.00 or less......urs i would guess $2000.00-$2500.00 max.......it doesnt take much to put 6 grand into body work and another 3 grand in paint...........kim............

my reasons for my response are this. it sounds like it is very rusty. needs floor pans and quarters. probably a trunk pan. no telling what the frame rails look like. the interior is shot. it has drum brakes . it is a slant six car. you want 2500 out of it, part it out. sure there are cars here for sale for more money in maybe worse shape, that doesnt mean they are getting it. dont get all mad because ,remember, you asked. take it to ebag, you might find someone who has to have it for 3 or 4 grand.

I personally would never ask this question because one mans treasure is another mans trash. With thousands of opinions out there did you expect to like them all. Did you see the black 66 cuda Cosgig sold for 2500. Running driving car.Tough market. And the pictures so small and general dont help.

I personally would never ask this question because one mans treasure is another mans trash. With thousands of opinions out there did you expect to like them all. Did you see the black 66 cuda Cosgig sold for 2500. Running driving car.Tough market. And the pictures so small and general dont help.

very tough market and with it being a 74 not a real desireable year i have less than $750 in my 69 dart and needs the same amount of work by what you are describing

exactly . slanty six dusters are not exactly desirable. they pop up here all the time for 1000 bucks.

Lets do this.

Whats my car worth?
73 Dart Swinger with a newbuilt stock 318-904 column shift with slight mods to the trans for firmer shifts.
New front end components (all stock) front power discs at 4.5 bolt pattern.
15" rims and tires.
New air shocks on the rear with stock springs.
26 in radiator and Jegs electric thermostat controlled cooling system (17" fan.
New tires and original b5 (I think) paint.
Tinted windows.
Subframe connectors, electric fuel pump, whiteout guages on a blackout dash.
Edelbrock 1405 and Edlebrock dual plane intake.
Starts up every damn time with one pump to the floor and turn the key.

What's it worth???
**** I may be sorry I asked just like the OP, but to me it's not what it's worth to other people.
It's what it's worth to me that matters.:D

Attachments

• DSCF0034.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF0014.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 199
You just drove your horse to a poor market here dude.

You asked, dude. If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question. Putting a good looking motor in definitely helps, but the body work that needs to be done negates a lot. And it is a 318 which doesn't have a ton of value, and it's out of the car and can't be heard to run. It is a large project car and if I am sinking a ton of money into resto, I am spending less on the base car. I'd go no higher than $1000. I'll have $10K into it before I am done. Try selling a 74 in good shape for $10K. Not gonna happen.

listen i didnt get mad. i was saying you guys are on crack. take it how you want. sounds like everyone else is getting mad. i got your opinion, heres mine. random year of a duster desireble? maybe certain options. if you were going to buy a car for say 2000 bucks, and it had all flats, most of you would say, well im gonna have to buy rubber for it so how bout 1500 hundred? or, man looks like a whole bunch of **** needs replaced, how does 1200 sound? you cant tell me you wouldnt. i know its a tough market, but when you have reciepts for everything, you cant deny the price. unless your a tire kicker

"but when you have reciepts for everything, you cant deny the price"
You can in this market.
These guys are not getting pissed, just answering a question you asked, and are not apparantly very happy about.

listen i didnt get mad. i was saying you guys are on crack. take it how you want. sounds like everyone else is getting mad. i got your opinion, heres mine. random year of a duster desireble? maybe certain options. if you were going to buy a car for say 2000 bucks, and it had all flats, most of you would say, well im gonna have to buy rubber for it so how bout 1500 hundred? or, man looks like a whole bunch of **** needs replaced, how does 1200 sound? you cant tell me you wouldnt. i know its a tough market, but when you have reciepts for everything, you cant deny the price. unless your a tire kicker

i'd take everything with a grain of salt buddy...you have to realize that minus a dime a dozen 318, with 3-400 worth of shiny valve covers,bolt ons, and and an intake, you have a rusty roller without a straight panel. drum brakes, SBP, 8.25, even the 904 are all light duty parts. the shell would probably be best cut up for a race car with some backyard body work for someone that just wanted a 20 footer, and all that running gear is useless to a racer....i picked up a dart with a big block and enough extra parts to fill 2 pickups for 2000, and it drove. these guys aren't low balling you..it's legit worth 1-2k on the extreme high side as a complete car and the shape its in.

I paid $650 for a rust free (and only minor dings) '74 duster with a 383/727 (non running because heads are off so you can see the brand new shinny pistons, came with a torker intake, holly 4150 650 carb) A slew of extra parts like E body A833 and '72 E body buckets and tracks, radiators, manifolds, some tools in the trunk, 15' slots.......

(disk brake car with an 8 1/4 3.21 SG because it was a stick car, o yha came with a 4spd pedal *** and Z bar and brackets)

Don't forget rust free. Picked up up last fall.

Everyone seems to think their A body is gold, in reality they aren't and needing rust repair is expensive for the common person.

I paid $200 for my scamp which was about in the shape yours is needed floors and quarters. I think on the car and motor 1,500-2k. With out probably looking $700-1200 this might be stretching it. These guys are pretty on and if you notices everyone is in about the same ball park. Thats got to tell ya something right there dont it?

I paid $450 for my 72 duster ( which some would consider more desirable) and it was far cleaner than what yours sounds like and was a factory 318 car and had lots of upgrades. Given.... It had no engine when i bought it . And i have been working on it and dumping money into it for 3 years but that's just because I'm building how i personally want it. Which is the thing.... Its worth what somones willing to pay, someone looking for an entry level mopar to just cruise in might pay you a decent amount. Where as Simone looking for a car to restore will only see dollar signs. These cars are not cudas are challengers and don't have as high of a resale value and when it costs you 5-7k to restore a car that might only bring 7-8k done in this market its just not sensible for most people. Not trying to rub you the wrong way, not smoking crack lol,but i have to agree with others. Maybe $750 in this market. You honestly could make alot more from parting it out though!.

I agree with the price of $1500 tops as is.
On Crack?
Look at the responses, we aren't trying to push you down, but reality is reality.
You asked, we responded.
Who's the delusional one here?
How about it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it sound to you?
Receipts don't mean a lot unless the car looks good, you probably won't get your money out of it until it does look good. That's just the facts. And even then, it's a stretch.
My 2 cents.......
Tom.

Most I have ever spent on an A-body purchase was my 75 Swinger. Car has 63,000 miles, 90 percent original paint, absolutely the only rust is a dime size hole in driver rear quarter, and had passed Pennsylvania state inspection when I drove it home for $1500. Oh, yeah, I was under this car on a hoist to make certain that the underside had ZERO rust before I spent the money. Call me a cheapskate.

-
Back