What's the best thing about restoring MOPARS?

-

swifter

Reaction score
Let's see where this one goes should be Great

Mine is: Time with my know it all 18 yr old son & NO METRIC TOOLS!!!!!

my lad 2 and a half so bit early for him but gotta start em somwhere!....firstly same reason we drive em....cos they different,secondly as its a challenge,your regular drive whatever it is you just pick up easily available bits for and bolt em on , these im resorting to make parts, ie panels etc. and the fun sourcing and fixing,racking your brains on "how you going to overcome somthing " the planing,the hi s the lo s its a real journey.and hopfully when its finished< its never truly finished is it?:clock:.......:cheers:.... you can say I did that.....not like some poo you can buy off somone or anyone that blends in with what all the other automitons drive. you put your heart soul blood and guts into it, you cannot buy that from your high st garage. yeh it spends most of its time needing this or that sorting, yes its daft on fuel.....not the easiest to park or manuvre but its mine, i love it ,a little piece of history........

Best thing about restoring a mopar, is the fine line that you know you have to watch 24/7 to turn a profit, and make other mopar lovers happy. Llmao:bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:

Finishing and racing them:burnout:

Knowing that when it's all said and done there's more labor,planning[lack of/finding parts/ making parts],blood,sweat,tears,aggrivation[making parts/not finding parts/your wife or girlfriend not understanding] and most of all money involved[cost of parts found or bought new] in something you did your self which is more than i can say for the chevy and ford guys. And driving it when it's done.

Knowing you have something that no one else has or can do.

working on them is like a "fix" for me.except in the end i have something to show for the effort.

It gets me out of the house, and allows me to putter with a well engineered machine, and hoist a few beers, and listen to some tunes. Then I get to drive it too.(No, not after the few beers)

Learning new stuff especially with the first project ever, meeting new people and making new friends for life.
Turning a piece of crap into a work of art.

Liastening to your neighbors tell you that it will never get finished, then once it's finished listening to other people tell you it's nice to see someone actually finish a project car.

Driving the crap out of it and not being afraid to get a ding or a scratch......drive that sucker!

1-7.jpg

cuda14-1.jpg

driving them... everyone giving you thumbs up and always a conversation piece at the gas station...also leaving it run at gas station so everyone knows theres a healthy motor in it. people asking me if its my dads car and me saying no i did all the work my self. and last doing burnouts and showing people not everyone babies there car. People see me and know there getting a show haha

and cudaspaz... that orange cuda of yours is very easy on the eyes. So nice

-
Back