Whats the biggest street cam I can use?

-
I think it's an awesome engine and i assumed you got a screaming deal on it all. My point is that deal or not, it doesn't seem to fit your intended use. My apologies if that's not the answer you might have wanted but at least in terms of my responses I'm trying to get you prepared. You've bought a truly badass plant. But it's not a mild gear, mild convertor, type deal. Out of curiousity... What was it in previous to your buying it?
I really think bumping it to 12:1 static, and running a cam in the 270-280°@ .050 and at least .630 lift (w/1.5, so .714 w/1.7s). The one I was looking at after guessing a little on the head flow is a Crane 698841. You may want to rethink the convertor company and design too. Dynamic's standard "9.5, 4Krpm flash, but tight and street driveable" convertor isn't going to work well at all. You'll want a lose 8", with a stall closer to 4500.

The engine has never been in anything or even built. It's my buddy who builds hemis... He owns inertia motor sports. The block was machined by ray barton, heads done by colman..the crank was laying around with those carrillo rods, piston we have to custom order.

Were not trying to bring you down, but trying to help.

Set that motor a side, start looking in the adds, Find a rolling chassie Mopar and then build that eng to fit it!!!!!

In the idle to 6000 rpm range a well built 360/410 with ported edys/rhs heads WILL MAKE MORE HP!!

From 6000 to 8000+ Your combo will SMOKE IT IN POWER AND TORQ! hands down.

The better the head the more power it can make BUT ONLY AT HIGHER RPM.

Start looking for a roling chassie, you will be glad you did.

would u be interested in trading? i will give you the stock stroke x headed 360 out of my barracuda that will drive to the racetrack run 12.80s all day in the heat than drive you back home while being stuck in traffic and never getting above 180 degrees. it seems to me that you would be better off with that type of setup. you can still run street gears and a tight converter and it makes power from 1500-6000k. if you got a screaming deal i mean i will trade you my motor plus cash. let someone who wants to run in the low 9s high 8s with that bad *** **** you got get there hands on it. forsure with the right cam and a comp bump it would put my pretty little notch in the low 9s. but please dont desecrate a r block w9 headed combo by runnin it with a 3000 stall verta and 3.55s just FOR THE WOW FACTOR?

Were not trying to bring you down, but trying to help.

Set that motor a side, start looking in the adds, Find a rolling chassie Mopar and then build that eng to fit it!!!!!

In the idle to 6000 rpm range a well built 360/410 with ported edys/rhs heads WILL MAKE MORE HP!!

From 6000 to 8000+ Your combo will SMOKE IT IN POWER AND TORQ! hands down.

The better the head the more power it can make BUT ONLY AT HIGHER RPM.

Start looking for a roling chassie, you will be glad you did.

would u be interested in trading? i will give you the stock stroke x headed 360 out of my barracuda that will drive to the racetrack run 12.80s all day in the heat than drive you back home while being stuck in traffic and never getting above 180 degrees. it seems to me that you would be better off with that type of setup. you can still run street gears and a tight converter and it makes power from 1500-6000k. if you got a screaming deal i mean i will trade you my motor plus cash. let someone who wants to run in the low 9s high 8s with that bad *** **** you got get there hands on it. forsure with the right cam and a comp bump it would put my pretty little notch in the low 9s. but please dont desecrate a r block w9 headed combo by runnin it with a 3000 stall verta and 3.55s just FOR THE WOW FACTOR?

LOL funny.. u want this motor and u will be paying me over $15K for it.. I'm not an idiot.. I know what I have and I'm not trading it for a 360 with X heads.. wow! :ncool:

As far as running it in a different car .. I don't plan onit either.. if it sux then I will reevaluate it. Maybe do turbos or S/C.. I don't have 3.55 or a 3000 stall either.. carry on guys, go look for the next victim.

just do me a favor and read over every coment of moper after it is running.

Cudafever signed OUT!

how about my mill and 8,500??? id sell my soul for that motor:mumum:

I also drive my 416 on the street. It runs pretty well in the 2000 - 2500 range which is where I cruise tha little country back roads at. Makes peak power at 5500-6000. Revs up to 7000 which is my top limit pill. The engine has 10-1 and a Comp 292H purple 508 cam. I would suggest that if you want to use 93 octane gas that you keep the CR down to 10-1. Get much higher and it will have detonation.

A street engine with 500HP is a lot of fun. You may also want to consider a little less converter or the car will be slipping at the cruise RPM. Just my opinion. Good luck with the build and this time check the piston to valve clearance!

just goes to show what too much money and little experience will get...

Yup.. exactly what you want... lol relax bud, your coming off a little strong; might might want to check your tone and use your inside voice before I put you outside. :eek:ops:

I definitely taking everyones advise and learning from it in some form or fashion... I have called bullet cams, cam motion, and voodoo cams today and they all gave me very similar specs to the cam I currently have... most of there specs where 258/264 ish 620 to 650 lift... my cam is 250/256 630 lift.. I think I will stick the cam in and go for a ride.. I'm going to rethink the converter though.. I'd like to go from a 9.5 inch to a 9" and get the best out of it.

I definitely taking everyones advise and learning from it in some form or fashion... I have called bullet cams, cam motion, and voodoo cams today and they all gave me very similar specs to the cam I currently have... most of there specs where 258/264 ish 620 to 650 lift... my cam is 250/256 630 lift.. I think I will stick the cam in and go for a ride.. I'm going to rethink the converter though.. I'd like to go from a 9.5 inch to a 9" and get the best out of it.

The 1.7 rockers will bring the duration at .050 up to approx. 255 so your close.

-
Back