What's this called? I need one

-

TheMopars

Reaction score
I took out my gauge cluster to replace the dash speaker as well as some work on the gauges and install new vent
hoses.

I also recently installed new dash bulbs and noticed I get a lot of light bleed from around the tach. Now that I have
my gauges back out I see why, I'm missing this piece below.... an inner trim ring? Any ideas where I can find one
without buying a whole dash?

Screen Shot 2023-08-01 at 12.18.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-01 at 12.19.34 AM.png

Last edited:
Probably have to buy a whole tach. Start a want ad.
I took out my gauge cluster to replace the dash speaker as well as some work on the gauges and install new vent
hoses.

I also recently installed new dash bulbs and noticed I get a lot of light bleed from around the tach. Now that I have
my gauges back out I see why, I'm missing this piece below.... an inner trim ring? Any ideas where I can find one
without buying a whole dash?

View attachment 1716121897

View attachment 1716121898

Probably have to buy a whole tach. Start a want ad.
That's what I was originally thinking but now that it's out I can see it's not the tach, the face of the tach goes to the proper depth. There is a sort of inner trim ring for the cluster that's missing, I can see it on the other two gauges.

That's what I was originally thinking but now that it's out I can see it's not the tach, the face of the tach goes to the proper depth. There is a sort of inner trim ring for the cluster that's missing, I can see it on the other two gauges.
Yep, wanted thread. Someone has a old cluster laying around as long as it's a separate part.

Is that a bezel...?

Pretty much, covers from the lens to about a 1/8-1/4" away from the gauge, enought of a gap to let some light in. Inner diameter would be about 3" and outer about 3 1/4" if I have to make one (but out of what??). Depth tbd but probably less than an inch

Yep, wanted thread. Someone has a old cluster laying around as long as it's a separate part.
Appears removable but a little tricky. No screws, looks like the tabs slide over a plastic post which is then melted to form sort of a plastic weld. Probably easier to glue back on than get out without damaging it. I'll post an ad, thanks.

Last edited:
Take a piece of rubber hose like a vacuum line, slit it and cut to length.

If you got measurements find someone to 3-D print you one.
Great idea. I have a friend with a race shop and was talking to him about it, he's offered to make one from the measurements with some 3" aluminum pipe but just got a bite on my wanted thread so may not be necessary.

Thanks everyone for all the replies!

Last edited:
I think it needs to be translucent.

There is a gap between these trim rings and the gauges that lets the light in, the trim rings are solid. But they do have a mix of white/black paint, maybe the white is to help reflect more light.

IMG_20230801_13151858.jpg

IMG_20230801_131512607.jpg

FYI you can 3D print clear material too. We do it for switch covers at my work. OP don’t care at this point. But keep it in mind for other hard to come by items.

I have several extras in Fresno. Won't be back home until some time tomorrow and the heat is gonna be ugly through Monday, but I'll see if I can get out and look.

All those pieces are plastic 'welded' together. I remember taking one apart with a soldering iron.

Is that bezel specific to a tach or year?
Iirc I have a garbage bezel here somewhere.

All those pieces are plastic 'welded' together. I remember taking one apart with a soldering iron.

Is that bezel specific to a tach or year?
Iirc I have a garbage bezel here somewhere.
These pieces are actually metal.

-
Back