what's this car worth?

-

djais1801

Reaction score
i found a 73 duster on line, he's asking $13,000. Here is the description:

Plymouth Duster 340. Real "H" code Black Beauty with original 340. Pistol-grip 4 speed. New bushings, clutch w/ t.o. bearing, springs, sway bars, fuel tank, 8 3/4" rear housing w/411's, headers, 3" exhaust w/ Flowmaster series 40's, Holley 750 cfm carb, cam, dash pad, front and rear seats, dealer option "GO" wing, American Racing Torque-Thrust D's, etc., etc., and etc.

duster1.jpg

duster.jpg

For $13,000 the car would have to be pretty much rust-free.Looking at the lower pic of the interior there looks to be a good amount of rust in front of the sill plate.I can only imagine that there,s some other hidden rust issues.I,d ask for more pics of the underbody,trunk,frame area.This was definetly a "quickie"repaint/restore.JMO Good luck.

He says he's got 100s of pics, but he is firm at $13,000
Pettybluedart: i enlarged the door open pic, and see rust in the a-pillar/windshield frame as well.

He says he's got 100s of pics, but he is firm at $13,000
Pettybluedart: i enlarged the door open pic, and see rust in the a-pillar/windshield frame as well.
I,d bring this to his attention when discussing his price.These spots will have to be looked after before rusting right through.Basically new metal and repaint.JMO

i can not justify 13,000 for a car that is showing rust like that, god only knows what they covered up with paint. if rust is showing through around the door jams like that,typically , there are much bigger issues. i think that 13k is a bit much given the rust, look at what it would cost to tear it down and fix it, you would be upside down if you couldnt fix yourself. JMO

Does it have original fender tag and/or buildsheet. Original numbers matching motor and/or trans?

If it's an original TX9 black car, that will make a difference.

it says original 340 H code, original engine, original color. not sure waiting for him to get back to me.

did Dusters have a Pistol Grip from the factory? I don't remember that. :-k

No pistol grip and noe wing on a 73. Still a nice car if there is not a bunch of rust covered by a quickie paint job.

I use to own that car about 7 years ago.

Steve
68 Cuda Vert
Charleston SC

Attachments

• 11262_1193037399397_1632272780_528607_1502326_n.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 167
I use to own that car about 7 years ago.

Steve
68 Cuda Vert
Charleston SC

Then Steve, how about helping a member out? Can you answer some of these unanswered questions? Don't just throw it out there, help the guy if you can. Is the car the same as when you had it? Shifter? Go wing? Anything you can remember? Speak up please. This member needs this information. Thanks.

Car was mechanically sound when I owned it and was pretty quick. Original 3 speed car, I added the shifter. I also added the SS springs and 4.10 grip wheels and tires. Interior was redone in 04. Front drivers floor pan was patched and had bubbles in the quarters. Trunk and extensions were nice. Car had been in minor accident up front once in it's life time but was minor. Bumpers needed chrome. Car was a great driver/cruiser/local show type car. Car spent most of it's life in South Carolina.

Steve
68 Cuda Vert
Charleston SC

-
Back