What's up with slantsix.org?

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've tried to get into .org on both my home computer and iPhone. No problem on getting the Home page or any of the tabs on the home page EXCEPT the messages. All it says is " phpBB: Critical Error Could not connect to the database". Guess there is database problems.

I have found the same issues this AM. I hope they are getting the kinks ironed out.

I spoke to the site owner, about 3:00PM eastern. This was his reply.

Charlie,

Thanks for the heads-up. GoDaddy migrated the site to a new server and screwed it up! Over half of the database is missing! I hope they can fix it. Waiting for someone to help me at the moment.

Chuck

my understanding is that some newbe started another thread on an aluminum slant six head and the entire site went into self destruct mode...DEFCON 1

That's funny right there...I don't care who you are...that's funny... ;-)

............ GoDaddy migrated the site to a new server and screwed it up!

I bet the sparkle pony is behind this!!!!

65153efe07890a470930af7ec4f7270c125bcf6fc267fab79075f401fd704551.jpg

Go Daddy? I hope they didn't assign the busty girl to the fix-it job. She looks better at other things.

Site is back up, but there might be some postings missing. The dates don't look right, to me, but haven't checked individual posts.

This is a post from The owner of slantsix.org
What happened is that GoDaddy "migrated" us to another server. In that process they lost 17 out of 32 tables that make up the database. Whoever did the migration did not check to see that the table count matched from the old to the new server. I had them do a "restore", but all they had was a 2-week old backup, which I believe is inexcusable, considering that the original computer that was replaced is around somewhere as well as a computer or hard disk that would contain nightly backups. I consider this MAJOR incompetence, since it is impractical for me to do daily backups. That is what I THOUGHT I was paying them for. Suffice to say that I am looking for a better "host" who at least has the ability and willingness to fix a problem if it occurs.

I spent hours on the phone trying to get SOMEONE to care, but I guess that they are too big for that.

We lost 2 weeks, from about the 12th til the 27th. I brought the server back online briefly until I found out that 2 weeks were missing. I then took the Forum offline in the hopes that I could get a more current backup. (sigh)

I can't do anything about the lost posts and private messages. For those of you who may have been involved in a transaction with someone else on the Forum, you will have to try to reach out and re-connect. Crying or Very sad

Also anyone that signed up on that site, since about Aug 12, 2015, will need to sign up again, as that info is also lost.

-
Back