What's up with THAT?!!!

-
That's exactly why when there's a traffic jam caused by a lane ending and idiots driving like that I'll pull up beside a semi and stay even with him, even if traffic cones to a complete and the lane that's ending is empty in front of me.

Yep, I'll get even with a semi that's blocking the rest of them from jumping the line, stay back next to him in "the good lane", then let him in front of me when the other lane ends. I appreciate him keeping the selfish a--holes from cutting and will run "blocker" for him.

After the construction is over, they always let my by as soon as traffic opens up...

people taking pictures of every meal they eat...
and
how about all the damn selfies...
What's up with that?!

I'll add another goodie.

Also EVEN AT THE BANK no one EVER gives you bills turned the same way. I have gotten bill right from the bank where every other bill is a different direction with a different side facing up.

There IS a right way to handle money.

Stupid as it sounds, doing it correctly is a lost art.

Even the ATM gives you bills turned every which way....Drives me nuts.

I'll add another goodie.

Nobody but NOBODY knows how to correctly count change back anymore. If the register could not do it for them, they would be LOST. You are supposed to COUNT CHANGE BACK from the bill that was given.

Oh and don't try giving them rounding it up to keep from getting change back. Smoke will come out of their ears.

Also EVEN AT THE BANK no one EVER gives you bills turned the same way. I have gotten bill right from the bank where every other bill is a different direction with a different side facing up.

There IS a right way to handle money.

Very sad, but very true. Computers, and calculators have made mathematics intelligence obsolete. The Register tells them everything they need to know, and every cell phone has a calculator built in. They don't even try to figure stuff out any more.

Same goes for reading and writing in cursive. Many school systems no longer teach cursive.
Some of these kids can't even sign their own names. [/quote]

Stupid as it sounds, doing it correctly is a lost art.

yup.

What's up with spelling and pronunciation? A lot of people can't seem to spell whatsoever anymore...they don't even try. Especially on the internet...which is an oxymoron, because if you are on the internet and can't figure out how to spell it, it will usually auto-correct. If not, you can open another browser and Google it, and the correct spelling will appear. Like, duh.
I had a guy once say he wanted to "axe me something". I told him "No, thanks, I have a chainsaw". The dumbfounded look on his face was priceless...he had no clue what I was talking about.
I had a boss once tell me in an email he "should of" not allowed me to work overtime..."should of"?And you're the boss? (or is that 'your' the boss?)
I could go on and on......

I type how I tawk a lotta times, but I know how to spell and punctuate very well. English was one of my strongest subjects next to auto shop.

I hope I don't step on too many toes, but all of this government dependency is no accident. By getting millions of new people on the welfare, food stamp, etc. roles, the current regime is building up a larger voter base. Mark my words, whoever runs on the Liberal ticket next time will absolutely say, "Do you like all the free stuff? Do you like not having to work? If you vote for the other person, they will make you get a job.

My ex likes the toilet paper roll to be to the front. I like to turn them around before she comes to visit, to see how long it takes her to turn them back.... (She can't help herself, but fix it...)

I do that because she likes to clean and rearrange my drawers and cabinets from what I have them organized as.... So if i distract her with little pet peaves, she has less time to mess with the other stuff....

Last week I went to a Winnipeg Jets hockey game. Tickets cost $115 each. Two young ladies sitting in front of me spent the entire game texting & taking selfies. If they saw 5 minutes of the game I'd be very surprised. Don't get me wrong, they weren't being a nuisance, but you've got to wonder if some people have way too much money and way too little intelligence.

How about the new "rescue" vehicle my local police department bought?

6X6 military assault vehicle in drab green.

Same goes for reading and writing in cursive. Many school systems no longer teach cursive.
Some of these kids can't even sign their own names.

[/QUOTE]

Last year I dug into this subject to find what are the benefits of cursive writing, here are some I remember off the top of my head:

Children gain confidence and pride in mastering a skill and conquering a learning curve at a key time in their development.

The unique way cursive writing combines fine motor skills with the thought process opens pathways in the brain like nothing else.

People's thoughts "flow" more freely and faster when they write in cursive. Obviously it is quicker to jot down notes on a piece of paper when you're on the go than to pull out a device.

One's signature is unique and cannot be duplicated or forged easily.

Being able to read the vast number of things written in cursive...historical documents and letters. Grandma's recipes just to name a small example.

And it's not that hard!!! And surprisingly it's many of our teachers who are the ones saying there is no longer a need for children to learn cursive!

Some of these kids can't even sign their own names.

[/QUOTE]

Duplicate post. You see, that would not have happened if I were writing in cursive!!

politics? on news yesterday, stating basically the rep. in nat. elections, consists of older white males, the dem. are younger, many females, and lots of minorities.

will be interesting seeing who the rep. pick as a viable candidate.

its too bad that the population of this country and the politicians as a WHOLE can not do what is right for this country!!?????? where will it all end?????

Last week I went to a Winnipeg Jets hockey game. Tickets cost $115 each. Two young ladies sitting in front of me spent the entire game texting & taking selfies. If they saw 5 minutes of the game I'd be very surprised. Don't get me wrong, they weren't being a nuisance, but you've got to wonder if some people have way too much money and way too little intelligence.

You should have photo-bombed them with a nose pick, ball, or butt scratch in the background when they took the selfies... LOL! :toothy1:

Duplicate post. You see, that would not have happened if I were writing in cursive!![/QUOTE]

Yes it would, but it would have been prettier. :poke:

My ex likes the toilet paper roll to be to the front. I like to turn them around before she comes to visit, to see how long it takes her to turn them back.... (She can't help herself, but fix it...)

I do that because she likes to clean and rearrange my drawers and cabinets from what I have them organized as.... So if i distract her with little pet peaves, she has less time to mess with the other stuff....

Wait... Why is your EX "visiting" anyways...? and cleaning/organizing? No, thank you!

:violent1:

people taking pictures of every meal they eat...
and
how about all the damn selfies...
What's up with that?!

I combat that easily. They are always posting pictures of their food on Facebook. My 16 year old cat, Stubby, is shall we say very set in his ways. When he uses the cat box, he never covers it up. Ever. So I waited one night after he dropped a BOMB in the cat box and took a good clear close up picture of it.

Now when somebody posts a pic of their food on Facebook, I counter it by posting a picture of Stubby's bidness. That shuts all that right down.

-
Back