What's Your Favorite Xmas Song?

-
I hate Christmas and this whole time of year. Traffic sucks, stores are so over run you can't even go just to get your basic needs. Wish we could just go from October to January and be done with it!

I hate Christmas and this whole time of year. Traffic sucks, stores are so over run you can't even go just to get your basic needs. Wish we could just go from October to January and be done with it!
somebody needs a hug

For all you hi tech guys, i dont have a clue what those videos are showing but on with the question at hand. Christmas songs...Boy theres a lot of good ones that come to mind. I love the Christmas season for several reasons. Walking in the malls listening to "Walking in a winter wonderland" and dont forget Bings big hit "White Christmas". How about "I'll be home for Christmas". The thought of many service men and women being able to make the treck home for Christmas and surprise there family gives me great thought for the season. Much love is shared during this time of year and as always there are those that are less fortunate than a lot of us. The old saying "It's better to give than recieve" comes to mind for me. I'm with 70GT on the "X" issue. I dont shop in stores with X smeared on the signs and glass and i've told them this before. What really makes my Christmas is being able to help someone truly in need. How about "I saw mommy kissin Santa Clause". Have you ever heard "Mary Did You Know"? Heavy to say the least. A very Merry Christmas to all of you here on FABO and above all, let's not forget the reason for the season. The greatest gift ever given. Any educated guesses?
Small Block

X2 I would rather be working.

For all you hi tech guys, i dont have a clue what those videos are showing but on with the question at hand. Christmas songs...Boy theres a lot of good ones that come to mind. I love the Christmas season for several reasons. Walking in the malls listening to "Walking in a winter wonderland" and dont forget Bings big hit "White Christmas". How about "I'll be home for Christmas". The thought of many service men and women being able to make the treck home for Christmas and surprise there family gives me great thought for the season. Much love is shared during this time of year and as always there are those that are less fortunate than a lot of us. The old saying "It's better to give than recieve" comes to mind for me. I'm with 70GT on the "X" issue. I dont shop in stores with X smeared on the signs and glass and i've told them this before. What really makes my Christmas is being able to help someone truly in need. How about "I saw mommy kissin Santa Clause". Have you ever heard "Mary Did You Know"? Heavy to say the least. A very Merry Christmas to all of you here on FABO and above all, let's not forget the reason for the season. The greatest gift ever given. Any educated guesses?
Small Block

Ahhh..."Mary Did you Know." My wife sang it in church ages ago during the Christmas Eve service when we found out we were pregnant with Katie and I had just made the announcement to our church family. She hasn't been able to sing it since.
A reason for the season, Bill? I don't need to guess, buddy! :-D Which brings us to page one of this thread and the discussion of "X" and "Christ." Dustermaniac, not to pick on you, bud, but for those who replace "Christ" with "X" so as not to offend, don't let it get to you. The history of "X" in the church is a good one in this discussion. Because of the Roman persecution of the early church, the church would often refer to Christ as "X" so as to escape notice from those who would persecute them. So, believe it or not, if you look at the history and traditions of the church to replace Christ with an "X" you are actually referring to Christ anyway! So let the politically correct out there beware this year! You have now been educated so that you may educate them and let them know that they truly aren't as politically correct as they think! :-D
Now back to the topic at hand: two of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPP72TEXwXs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWulU7Q-Cgo&feature=related

Robert, Thanks for the history lesson. Good stuff. Laying in bed last night and thought of another great Christmas song. Ever heard of "Handals Messiah"? The "Hallelujah Chorus". Simply an awesome tribute to the great "I Am". Makes the hair stand up on my body every time i hear it done. WOW! It says "King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, and HE SHALL reign for EVER and EVER". Nothing short of heavy. Ever explore the legal ramifications of the word SHALL vs Will, or should? Check it out sometime. Sure wish i could view the videos.
Small Block

I was teased alot when young this time of year.

My b-day is 12/23. I was talking to a lady I was sitting next to at a Rays game last season and somehow got on the subject of holiday birthdays. When I told her when mine was she says "at least your mom didn't name you Noel" when I told her that she did she was a little embarrased to say the least. She even left her seat a short time later and didn't return. :dontknow:

True story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5IFY8RIMME

Strange how the governments (US and Canada) don't want to offend immigrants and drop the word Christmas, instead using the words Holiday Season or Festive Season. I know of a person who had a Christmas tree in their cubicle at work. They had to remove it when someone complained about it. Well what about the rest of us who are offended when our traditions get trampled on? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! Sorry for getting political in a good thread.

Back to music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMCksLF2168

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og94qRx5nVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INHjGThASkU

-
Back