What's your least favorite "A" body and...

-
Early Darts,...Reminds me of old ladies(who now drive Buicks and Subarus),..

Least fav has to me the Eagle Premier/Monaco,...had the misfortune to work on these engineering tragedies in the early 90's

I thought real hard about chiming in here, and Ive seen every year, and style A body look cool, but if I had to pick, in stock form, it would be beak cars. Again, I have seen some bad *** Dart sports, and 73 & up darts, but in stock form, I don't care for them. I guess I just have a soft spot for 68-69 Dart's. Sorry if I offended anyone!

I think all early 60's Mopars had a face only a mother could love, but they look awsome with a little work. i saw a 62 Lancer Wagon at a show that had rims and tires and blacked out windows and some customization, that looked really good.

The early K cars are homely, i think besides saving Chrysler, they used them as a public test mule, look what they turned into in 85-90, Shelby Shadows, Dodge Lancers, GTS's, Lazers and Daytona's, those cars were all over the place.

My least favorite A Body, gotta be the 67-68 Valiant, no sign of styling and totally utilitarian.

Least favorite platform, 1st Gen Neon, hated the whole "Hi" campaign

Lances(Toad) and Scamp frontends.Even though I own a 73 Dart Sport and a 66 Dart LOL,I hate the beaks.

Dusters, they always seemed cheap, pop-out rear windows:wack:, back in the day in Florida they always had skinny tires and the rear sat too high. I like them much better now, with the right stance and paint they look pretty cool. But still my least favorite.

Favorite: '66 Valiant, they just seem to be built really solid.

- 4 door Darts until 1973 , and that year only .
Why ? The grille / front clip just didn't work on a 4 door platform . On the other hand , the 1970-1972 Valiant 4 door looks good . The flat front clip looks nice on a "41" body style .

- The rear clip of '74 - '76 Dart and Valiant "23" and "41" body styles .
Certainly , I'd love to have a 1976 "A38" Val , but other than that ...

- 1970-1971 Dart / Demon standard instrument clustre / speedo .

- Fruffy seat upholstery and crunky carpet of the '74 - '76 Brougham and S.E. Dart , Duster , Dart Sport , Scamp and Valiant . BARF !

- The plague of wrong-wheel-drive "K" cars ( et al. ) from the 80's .

- Carbs on engines from c. 1979 - 1987-ish . STUPID , complicated , non-adjustable turds !

- Stupid 5x4" bolt circle wheels !!

- 7.25" diff . Suitable for a 4 cylinder , but that's ALL .

Can't pick an unliked A body...I like them all....I'm a car guy.

And yes the K car platform saved Chrysler. I'm very happy with
the ones I own including this Daytona Shelby Z

Sure glad the company didn't go under.

Attachments

• LeftRear (Medium).jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 199
  • ShelbySide (Medium).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 184
  • FrontSide (Medium).jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 180
ya all need to quit hating on the beaks :( hahahahahhaha

Attachments

• 017 (Copy).JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 180
i am thinking who givs a **** they are mopars so likem all or go buy brand gay

what a stupid thread. Why do you want us to hate on our fellow Mopar brothers. They all have the same blood under the skins.

what a stupid thread. Why do you want us to hate on our fellow Mopar brothers. They all have the same blood under the skins.

No body wants you to hate anything. If that's what you think the thread is about, you've either completely misunderstood the OP, or didn't read the OP or the thread. The question is what is your LEAST FAVORITE MoPar. Note about hating anything, or any one.

Further, no body wants you "to hate on our fellow Mopar brothers". That sentence and sentiment is a total fabrication on your part.

If you don't want to participate in the thread, that's fine, but attempting to misrepresent what the thread is about, because you simply didn't understand the question, or don't like the question is completely unnecessary.

Personally, I don't hate ANY mopars, but I do have favorites. If you like ALL MoPars the same, and you can't think of some that you'd prefer over other, without hating them, then maybe this thread isn't for you.

Saying the thread is stupid, because you don't understand it is very short sighted of you.

Anything that everyone else has. I like different. Like all those purple '70 Challengers that look 100% stock. How many can you look at before you die of boredom? lol.

I'm actually very suprised at all the dislikes for the Duster. I think the Duster is actually one of Chrysler's best styles.

Oh,and it's not a beak nose,it's called a parrot nose thank you very much.
I agree,Chrysler dropped the ball when they went to the parrot nose,however mine (not my beak) has grown on me.....8)

Attachments

• Picture 030.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 160
Not a duster fan, and because of the fact that the 70-72 are so popular, they turn me off as well. Pre 64 kinda sketchy too.

I won't own a-body Dusters and Demons and my least favorite mopar is 67-69 Barracuda's and Darts. My favorite is a light pink 62 lancer 4 door with a Hemi scoop and snow tires

Wow!

How can you not like a Duster?

There's no accounting for taste I guess.

Paul

Any year duster.I would buy a chevy before I would have a duster. Mark

Ditto. The body lines just don't do it for me... but every so often I see a black one with chrome Torque Thrusts and I CONSIDER changing my opinion... :snakeman:

I hate a-body Dusters...

Not a duster fan...

Dusters..Even tho I have seen some real nice ones on here, just really don't care for them

Dusters...

Attachments

• RedDuster.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 118
As someone that loves everything MOPAR but has a 75 Dart Sport 360 I'll add this in defense of the "Parrot Beak". When they designed the shock absorbing bumpers for these years they discovered that through crash testing the pointed bumpers transfered more of the impact to the shock absorbing bumpers than did a flat or flater profile bumper and proved to protect the radiator and coolers better. The designers then thought the grill and hood should follow the projected design so the bumper didn't just project into space by itself. Was it a bad idea? Sure. Is it ugly? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Dan

My least-favorite A-bodies are the beak cars. Just don't care much for the looks of them. If I was building one just to race I would consider a beak car...But for something I want to look good...Sorry, no beak. :)

Least-favorite mopar platform? Hard to pick...Probably the f-bodies...Not due to their technical merits, but cause of the problems Chrysler caused themselves by not doing things like rust-protecting fenders, etc.

-
Back