Wheel bearing brand and part lookup

-

kiss

Reaction score
What brand of front wheel bearings are we going with these days? Are all Made in China??

Also I forgot what year/model/make of vehicle do I look up to find the correct inner bearings, outer bearings, and seals? My 71 dart has the 11.75" disc brake upgrade. Should I use something like a 1979 Chrysler Cordoba to find the right parts?

I usually look for timken bearings.

I believe you can use the stuff from a 73 dart with disc brakes. Hopefully someone will verify that though.

Timken timken timken Timken timken timken Timken timken timken Timken timken timken Timken timken timken Timken timken timken Timken timken timken Timken timken timken Timken timken timken Timken timken timken

And what Joe said, '73-76 dart with discs

When I don't know what spindles I have ( and I surely don't know or assume they all use the same bearings ), I match up replacements with what I pulled at the parts counter.
With a little luck the pull offs will have numbers on them. good luck

Timkin name doesn't equate to 'made in USA' anymore. They do tag their parts with COO: such as Canada and France, Mexico, Italy...SKF is a good Japanese made bearing. I think INA/FAG is still German made...? Who cares, as long as its not India.
"...i work at Timken here in Canton Ohio. i'm a Millwright in the steel mill. Timken bought Torrington about a year ago so know we make ball bearings as well as Tapered bearings.
and yes most bearings that Timken's make are now made over seas..." read it and weep.

-
Back