Wheel Cylinder Links (Pushrods)

-

MoparGarage

Winter Sucks!
Reaction score
s!AjL9dvsmoN1rlmcezq4m_ELuoSQe
Does anybody know where to purchase these? Yearone is the only place I have found that had these but they were discontinued. All I have been able to find are the pushrods that are smooth on the end and don't have the little collar shape. I just purchased a 70 Dart and some goof installed the brakes wrong and the pushrods are missing.

It's been a long time since I have posted on FABO. It's been a long time since I had a problem this tough. Thanks for any help!

Since I haven't posted in forever I tried two different ways to post the pic. Hopefully at least one method works.

20170126_145142.jpg

Did you try rockauto or summit? I know I've seen them somewhere just can't remember where

Did you try rockauto or summit? I know I've seen them somewhere just can't remember where

Yeah, I've pretty much searched everywhere. I found 3 in my parts stash but still need 5 more. Here is what everyone seems to be selling. I don't believe those will work. Anyway, not what I want.

OMX-1675102_ml.jpg

I just found them at Jim's Auto Parts, p/n SP 840, $34.95 ea. Really? Really? I guess I may have to try the ones without the collar shape for $3 each. Looks like that just keeps the rod from falling out of the wheel cylinder cup when you remove the brakes.

Outcome, in case anyone is interested: 9 inch drum brakes do not use the pushrods. The wheel cylinder pushes directly on the shoe. Hard to believe I've never encountered 9 inch brakes on a Mopar until now. Oh well, you learn something new every day, as they say. My lesson: Don't just rely on the internet, your memory, or others people's knowledge. The old Factory Service Manuals contain a wealth of information.

Outcome, in case anyone is interested: 9 inch drum brakes do not use the pushrods. The wheel cylinder pushes directly on the shoe. Hard to believe I've never encountered 9 inch brakes on a Mopar until now. Oh well, you learn something new every day, as they say. My lesson: Don't just rely on the internet, your memory, or others people's knowledge. The old Factory Service Manuals contain a wealth of information.
Mopar also changed the wheel cyl./brake shoe combo on the larger brakes as well, just past mid '70's, not sure exactly but I know the part numbers changed for all same size
shoes across the board.

-
Back