Wheel Fitment Advice Please

-

Nick96

Reaction score
Hey guys, need some help here.

I was sorting out a rear end noise this past weekend when I noticed that my one rear rim is warped :/ They were a vintage set of wheels so it's going to be a pain to try and find another wheel from a company that went under a long time ago.

That being said, I'm using this as the opportunity to get into some new wheels!

I have a 68 valiant signet. I swapped out the 7.25 for a 8.25 out of a duster to go up to the big bolt pattern. The wheels I'm looking at for the rear are 15x8 with 4.5" backspacing, I plan on using 225 60R15 tires on these, will these fit without issue? Or what would be the ideal backspacing?

Second question is regarding the front. I plan on using 15x7 with 4.5" backspacing with 205 60R15 for the front. My problem is that until I can afford a disc brake conversion, tubular control arms etc to upgrade to the BBP, I'll need to use wheel adapters. Will these fit? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey guys, need some help here.

I was sorting out a rear end noise this past weekend when I noticed that my one rear rim is warped :/ They were a vintage set of wheels so it's going to be a pain to try and find another wheel from a company that went under a long time ago.

That being said, I'm using this as the opportunity to get into some new wheels!

I have a 68 valiant signet. I swapped out the rear end for a 8.25 out of a sister to go up to the big bolt pattern. The wheels I'm looking at for the rear are 15x8 with 4.5" backspacing, I plan on using 225 60R15 tires on these, will these fit without issue? Or what would be the ideal backspacing?

Second question is regarding the front. I plan on using 15x7 with 4.5" backspacing with 205 60R15 for the front. My problem is that until I can afford a disc brake conversion, tubular control arms etc to upgrade to the BBP, I'll need to use wheel adapters. Will these fit? Any help is appreciated.

If you’re only going to run 225/60/15’s you don’t need 15x8’s. They’ll fit, but the measuring rim for those 225’s is a 15x6.5” so even a 15x7” is plenty. A 255/60/15 fits on a 15x7”, still within the manufacturers specs.

The BBP 8.25 is narrower than a SBP 8 3/4, so you don’t need much backspace. On a 15x8” you wouldn’t want more than 4.5” of backspace with that 8.25”. A 15x7” with 4.25” would be a better choice for 225’s.

In the front I’m not sure that’ll work. Most of the 5x4” to 5x4.5” adaptators are like 1” thick. Even with the SBP track width adding 1” and 205’s is gonna be tight.

You don’t need tubular uca’s to go BBP though. You can use your stock uca’s with a set of tapered adaptors from DoctorDiff and use the BBP spindles. You can always upgrade the uca’s later. DoctorDiff has everything you need for the front brake conversion.

72bluNblu is on the money.

You might even need a spacer on the back.

I agree, the front will probably not work if the adapters are 1" thick (like all the good ones are).

-
Back