Wheel paint for Refinishing factory rally wheels

-

D-mailman

Reaction score
Need to refinish the factory rally wheels on my '72 Duster 340. Where can I find the correct color gray to repaint the wheels. Also any source for the trim rings? Please advise and thanks.

Terry

I bought rattle can paint from the Mopar dealer, but I know there are others available. Argent Silver #P4529876

54 Caddy 002.jpg

Eastwood sells a kit that includes paint for the center cap. The trim rings are available through Mancini Racing.

I was talking to a fellow in Mo. that has the paint mixed at his local Dupont store and sprays them.

They look fantastic. I will go that way since I have 11 wheels to do.

I used the same Mopar paint on my wheels. At the time I could not find the textured argent paint so I went a different route on the center cap. I used some 'Hammered Finish silver from Lowes and it turned out to be the same color. I since have the correct textured argent and will be re-doing the centers.
Chas.

024.JPG

023.JPG

PlastiKote Dull Aluminum Laquer # T41 seems like a good enough match for me, so I've used it on at least 4 sets of rally wheels. Also looks good on cop wheels...

I recently used VHT Ford Argent rattle can paint and I shot it over light primer. It came out very bright and makes the centers look like they have a gold tint so I think its too bright. I think the old stuff I used was "Steel Wheel" from Krylon or some other big line. Looked OK to me but I didnt have a stock one to compare it to.

This thread is SO old, I've changed wheels & tires since my post here LOL :D

-
Back