Wheel spacer question

-

mrnurse

Reaction score
I bought a set of rims for the dart. They are Boyd C smoothie II 17x8 with ~6" bs. They are 5x4 bolt pattern. Is there a spacer not an adaptor I can use? My car has totally stock suspension with manual drum brakes. Is there someone on here that can Machine me some?

Ebay might be a decent place to look too. Some of it might depend on how thick you need, but from the sound of that backspacing sounds like you might need a fair deal. I got a set of 1.5" thick ones off of Ebay (4.5 bolt pattern) for a really good price that have held up well, but I'm not sure what they had for 4", you'd have to look

I called a place that said they could do what ever thickness and what ever bolt pattern i need. I am not sure how thick i need it to be and i dont want to throw 50 bucks away on a guess. was thinking i could have a friends machine me a set and check it. too thick cut it until it fits right measure it and then order my set at that thickness.........sound right? just need a starting point. they said they can make them up to 2.3 inches thick.....

I called a place that said they could do what ever thickness and what ever bolt pattern i need. I am not sure how thick i need it to be and i dont want to throw 50 bucks away on a guess. was thinking i could have a friends machine me a set and check it. too thick cut it until it fits right measure it and then order my set at that thickness.........sound right? just need a starting point. they said they can make them up to 2.3 inches thick.....

dont forget that the usable lug length get shorter and shorter...

I have a set of two spacers that were on my demon when I got it. I am looking to sell them. they fit 5 - 4.5 axles and are 7/16" thick. 25.00+ shipping. I am in wisconsin. let me know if you want them. Jared

Attachments

• demon parts for sale 012 (Small).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 149
Bolt pattern is 5 x 4 going to keep it that way cause the rims I got are that bolt pattern. And I think it would be more like an adapter more than a spacer at that size. Just keeping the same small bolt pattern.

It might sound crude, why not buy some washers and slip them over the studs before you put the wheel on. Since your studs will be shorter you might have to improvise on your lug nuts a little. Now this is for fitment only not for driving!!!!!!

It might sound crude, why not buy some washers and slip them over the studs before you put the wheel on. Since your studs will be shorter you might have to improvise on your lug nuts a little. Now this is for fitment only not for driving!!!!!!

That doesnt sound crude, that is what I would do. Stack of washers to push the wheel out to where you want it, then measure the stack of washers. Probably need new longer studs as stated above.

I am gonna have to do it like an adapter. Change the drivers side to regular thread studs. Because of how thick. The spacers sound like a good idea. For that matter I could use wood?!?!?!?

-
Back