wheelstand cars Post your pic's here

-
I just bought a 205 case so thats what I'm gonna use, i hadn't seen any pic's or been upclose to a wheelstander before and when i seen pic's of that transfer case 73 abodee posted I got all excited!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey wags,I though I read somewhere that they used a v drive from a boat in some of the wheel standers.

heres some of the parts gathered for the project so far, the alston pro gas frame rails are for a mustang but I have no fear of cutting them to use for a mopar, not sure if the rear tires will be sticky enough but with the engine in the back of the car might be just fine. at first i was thinking I would need straight axel but I see a lot of stock k frames under some of the wheelstanders in the pic's posted, I'm thinkin 9" brakes in the front will be fine also and lighter than disk's I may do some work to lighten the k frame and some reconfiguration of that to improve visibility, at this point it's time to start building it as soon as i get my plate cleared of customer work, last parts needed are a ring and pinion set and a sure grip,I think the rear I have has a spool in it but will need to dissassemble it to find out for sure,I do know it has a 5:50 ring and pinon, the rest of the parts will have to be built with the parts available and roll cage tubing...I'm looking forward to using my tubing bender again it has been a while since I have used the ol girl a jd squared unit for manual bending it'll put some arms on ya :) kinda all looks like a bunch of junk at this point ;)

Attachments

• wheeliecarpic's 001.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 311
  • wheeliecarpic's 010.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 323
  • wheeliecarpic's 009.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 313
  • wheeliecarpic's 008.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 318
  • wheeliecarpic's 007.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 304
  • wheeliecarpic's 006.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 316
  • wheeliecarpic's 005.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 307
  • wheeliecarpic's 004.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 311
  • wheeliecarpic's 003.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 311
  • wheeliecarpic's 002.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 312
Guess this doesn't count huh?

hoisted-3.jpg

How about this one...... [ame="http://youtu.be/xEN2ngyq18k"]302 Found[/ame]

Here's one under construction.

What a hassle to wheelstand. My engine is in the stock location. No NOS and an 11to 1 smallblock and a 904 trans. The car weighs 3130 and is nose heavy by 100 lbs. I have wheelie bars now but last year I had to run 50 lbs of weight in the nose of the car just so it would come down from the wheelie. Usually it would stay up draging the rear valance 150 to 300 feet or more. My car is very consistant at the bracket races. Post some wheelstand pic and video when you get them!
samoa-downtrackwheelie-1.jpg

What a hassle to wheelstand. My engine is in the stock location. No NOS and an 11to 1 smallblock and a 904 trans. The car weighs 3130 and is nose heavy by 100 lbs. I have wheelie bars now but last year I had to run 50 lbs of weight in the nose of the car just so it would come down from the wheelie. Usually it would stay up draging the rear valance 150 to 300 feet or more. My car is very consistant at the bracket races. Post some wheelstand pic and video when you get them!
samoa-downtrackwheelie-1.jpg
Lady you sure know how to drive very impressed....................:prayer:

I'm curious whats your plan for steering while your wheels up, hand throttle and duel brake petals or foot throttle and twin stick brakes? I'm sure ether would work but to be honest I'd lean more to twin stick brakes. David

Wheelstanders do it for the whole quarter mile and usually in 12 seconds or less.

I'm curious whats your plan for steering while your wheels up, hand throttle and duel brake petals or foot throttle and twin stick brakes? I'm sure ether would work but to be honest I'd lean more to twin stick brakes. David

Single stick brake.

Since you're using a wagon you could possibly have the rear end mounted normally and mount the engine facing backwards set further to the rear. That would put more weight behind the axel and make it easier to pull the wheels.

You are a wealth of information. Thank You for your posts to this thread, I'm leaning more to the mid engine and already have the transfer case(205) and the dana 60 with 5:50 ring and pinion, have two ranges to use low and high with a short shaft 727 and a 4500 stall convertor, may be a bit much convertor but gonna try it. The early a bodies are a skosh lighter from the get go so it's gonna be a trial and error with the parts I have for now. the buget doesn't allow me to do otherwise
Since you're using a wagon you could possibly have the rear end mounted normally and mount the engine facing backwards set further to the rear. That would put more weight behind the axel and make it easier to pull the wheels.

When you get ready for a test run, don't hammer it in 1st gear. If you're making the power these things need, it'll pop that thing up really quick and slam your bumper into the ground. Might also lift the rear wheels off the ground and you'll come slamming back down. 2nd gear gives you a nice smooth lift off.

At last....a waggs version of a Waggle Riggle car :eek:ccasion: 8)

HD is a wealth of info ;-)

thank's don't need to be tearing it up on the first try
When you get ready for a test run, don't hammer it in 1st gear. If you're making the power these things need, it'll pop that thing up really quick and slam your bumper into the ground. Might also lift the rear wheels off the ground and you'll come slamming back down. 2nd gear gives you a nice smooth lift off.

-
Back