When did you start forgetting?

-
They say the second thing to go is your memory....and I can't remember what the first thing is!

I forget stuff all the time, just means that its the stuff I don't need or want to remember like this one time at.............

I'm 62 (I think) and this IS a true story

One day, standing in the living room talking with a friend of mine. I looked down, and there on the table is my cellphone holster and NO cellphone.

I'm looking around, can't find the phone, said "#### words#. My friend says "what's wrong."

I said "I see my holster, can't find the phone."

He says "How many do 'ya need you're talkin to me on one of em!!!"

i was talking to my buddy on my cell phone one time venting to him about how i couldnt find my cell phone. i dont know what was worse realizing that i was talking on it or his suggestions to where it could be lol

my problem is that i can never remember if im 37 or 38, this has just started happening to me since my last birthday. i will also ask my fiance the same question over and over about 5 to 10 minutes apart and never really listen to the answer until the yelling starts.i cant remember what i had for dinner last night, but strangely,i can remember things from 20 years ago.

Dude if your havin memory problems at 24 you better start writin things down,lol. :toothy10: At 24 I pretty much forgot what I did the night before all the time,but that was a self induced memory loss. :drinkers:

No memory problems here I just don't care how old I am. I will be 33 or 34 on the next one. Birthdays are just another day just like most "holidays" besides, I never saw the point in celibrating the fact that my parents didn't use a condom.

It sure was not at the age of 25 or 30 DusterDude72, I was sharp as a tack at that age 8), No computers in my life or reading skills, Just my god given gift of imagination and the need to learn more :happy10:
Now I have selective memory and know exactly where the shower tub and toilet is :toothy10:
But honestly :happy10:
I have got lost in town and I have lived here 35 years, I think it has more to do with what I spend my time doing these days, I remember all the good times and do my best to delete,Trash or Forget the bad things.
I do not lie about anything " Just more to remember" Just ask my wife, children or friends.
I learned along time ago to right things down if it is important or if some one ask me to do something.
for over ten years I know I have got up to get something and after two or three steps What the hell did I get up for :angry7: It's easy to remember good and happy things :cheers:and some time's hard to remember the things we take for granted.

Getting ride of bad memories are hard and some times imposable so if you spend time enjoying your first cup of coffee or a funny e-mail from Leanna the bad memories can't be found because of the good memories pilled up on top of them :happy10:
There is a place for everything and just as many places you thought you put something or what was on my mind just a half hour ago.8)

Selective is the way to go:cheers:

Memory loss is a valuable tool if you are married.....a great excuse!
However, i think my memory is getting better as i age. I'm only 48 now.
When i get out of bed each day, the aches and pains are a constant reminder lol.
However, i still don't know why i have a set of tools in every vehicle that i own.

Whenever I'm asked my age I always reply, "what year is this"?. The I do the math in my head.
I use my military service to remember dates or at least years. Some one would ask, when this or that was An example "well I as in Germany in 1990 so it was around then.
So if some would tell me what year this is I could tell you my age.

well i thought it was 50,just dont remember what

Attachments

• old-age2.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 145
I'm 51. Exactly. I know because I'm reminded of it every morning when I start trying to get out of bed.

I wake up every morning thinking that I must be pretty smooth. I mean, I got this hottie in my bed...
Apparently I have a thing for blondes.......

I totally agree with writing things down. My only problem is that I'll jot something down and have no idea what it is a few days later. Part numbers, phone numbers, whatever. It gets annoying at times.

Here's one thing that constantly comes up. If I put something in a "safe" place, and a little time goes by I can never find it again, LOL. If you want to find a missing tool, just by a new one and the old one will show up.

-
Back