When is a 63 not a 63?

-

Tincup

Reaction score
not sure, but I'm thinking a dart 440 might be the difference for 63...????

Rickster

That is a 62 or 63 b body...end of story.....ALL 63 and up darts were a bodies. 62 and earlier darts were b bodies.

The VIN will tell all...first digit 4( 6 cyl) or 5(8 cyl), second is 2(dart 330) or 3(dart 440), third is 2 for 62.....

Perhaps I'm missing something, but that really doesn't look like a '62. It's got a different front end, different trim, different rear end, etc.

Judging by the front end, rear end, trim, and most importantly the "440" trim on the C-pillar, makes me pretty sure it's a 1963 440. :p

EDIT: Beaten by dave

It is a '63 B-Body model 440.
1962 was the last year for the B-Body Dart.

Yep it's a 63 Dodge Polara 440. Boy it looks like he used modern flexible trim that sticks on to look like the factory trim on the side. Jayson

Yup, it's a '63 Dodge 440 6cyl car so it's not a "restoration", it's a customization!

Yep it's a 63 Dodge Polara 440. Boy it looks like he used modern flexible trim that sticks on to look like the factory trim on the side. Jayson
Nope, it's not a Polara or Polara 500. If it was, it would have a VIN starting 433 or 443 respectively.

I don't know about any one ells 8) But I learned something here :read2:

Thank you :read2:

Nope, it's not a Polara or Polara 500. If it was, it would have a VIN starting 433 or 443 respectively.
You are right not a Polara 440 but the only difference would be trim level right? The sheet metal would be the same between Dodge 440 and a Polara. The Dart sheet metal is nothing like the Polara and Dodge 440. I had a 1964 440 Polara so I assumed in 63 a 440 Dodge would also be a Polara. I learned some new about the early Dodges. Jayson

You are right not a Polara 440 but the only difference would be trim level right? The sheet metal would be the same between Dodge 440 and a Polara. The Dart sheet metal is nothing like the Polara and Dodge 440. I had a 1964 440 Polara so I assumed in 63 a 440 Dodge would also be a Polara. I learned some new about the early Dodges. Jayson
The 330, 440, Polara, and Polara 500 are in order of price/trim line and are all B-bodies in '63. They share the same sheet metal but have different trim and features. Some body styles are not available in all models. You couldn't get a 500 2dr sedan (post) or a 330 convertible for instance. A Dart in '63 was an A-body....sister to the Valiant.

The 330, 440, Polara, and Polara 500 are in order of price/trim line and are all B-bodies in '63. They share the same sheet metal but have different trim and features. Some body styles are not available in all models. You couldn't get a 500 2dr sedan (post) or a 330 convertible for instance. A Dart in '63 was an A-body....sister to the Valiant.

Nice car!

The friend of mine that sold me my Hemi RR, had the real thing, identical to this, but a 330. Same color, the whole bit.
It had less than 300 miles on it, when he got unheard of money, $30,000.00 in the early 90s.

vehicles can be titled as a year newer than what there body style actually is.

for instance (sorry for the language) but a Ford Mustang (lol) 1993 would have been the last year for the boxy style fox body and 94 was the new rounded (sn-95) style BUT there were still boxy style fox bodies that were titled as 94's because they were marked as being built after the 6th month in 93 which automatically would register it as a 94.

most vehicles were like this.

not saying thats what the car is or what kind of car because I have never been a fan of the early style and don't know much about them....I like my a-bodies from mid to late 60's to mid 70's

-
Back