When stuff don't fit.....

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Your machinist probably rolled his eyes but you insisted on a part or you just didn't know the little in and outs...

You bust out the dremel or die grinder. Make sure you have the right bits to work on aluminum! Triple check clearances! And then have at it.
Below is a Weiand Stealth I picked up from a memeber here. The hardware is ARP Stainless steel. The head is a reduced size & 3/8. The washers is wide.
The idea here is to create a flat spot wide enough to allow the washer to sit flush on the intake.

Some spots were like a quick touch up but the passenger side rear was a carving!
IMG_0456.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG

A few test fittings, getting the bolt to run straight up and down was easy on a pair, a little work on another and WORK on the top picture in which you can see, was a carving.

IMG_0462.JPG
IMG_0464.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG

A quick shot of paint and it becomes passable....

IMG_0470.JPG
IMG_0472.JPG
IMG_0474.JPG
IMG_0475.JPG
IMG_0477.JPG

looks good.
If i were you, i'd use some hose clamps on your hoses.
When i didn't, they would leak every time..........

Ahhhhhh, yeaaaaaaaa, I'll be sure to hook'em up later. Thaaaaaaaaaanks:rofl:

Last edited:
Nice custom grinding.
If I were you, I'd use a carburetor on the intake. When I didn't it was difficult to get a smooth idle because I had to keep moving the fuel hose from one side of the plenum to the other.

Baha ha ha ha ha.

You two guys are indeed funny!

The carb will be a Edelbrock AVS 650.

I figured if a New Yorker is up this late he might appreciate a bit of auto humor.

I have always liked AVS carbs. Put one on my 1964 361 back in the 1970s along with a cam upgrade. Nice and responsive power.

Just started my shift.:(

Da'wife starts this engine out with a HR cam, 224/[email protected] mid .500 lifts. It ought to be a nice ride.

When she is used to it, I'll go up another 20*'s or so in duration.
(Shouldn't take to long....)

(Edit/spelling)

Last edited:
When I was younger my Dad used to give me all kinds of crap for modding things.
He would say "It was made that way for a reason you know"
My answer was always "If they would have made it right in the first place I wouldn't have to mod it" :D

-
Back