Where can I can get this...

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
IMG_1749.jpg

Looking for the rubber oring that goes on this steering column bracket for a 75-76 Duster. Is there anyone repoping these?

Mines old and falling apart.

Thanks.

Riddler

They have the foam yes, $4.00. I'm looking for the rubber grommet.

The factory service manual I have calls it, "Steering Column Floor Plate Grommet"

I cannot locate one for the life of me.

Riddler

I hate to say but maybe NOS. Try Steele, Metro, and Soft______, cannot remeber the rest, sorry. I don't think USA will have any mopar parts. Get the factory part number and try ebay.

Yeah I'm guessing this is not a part anyone is repopping. I'm really hoping to find one, heck even a used one in good shape.

Anyone have a parts manual? I don't have one.

Riddler

Yeah I'm guessing this is not a part anyone is repopping. I'm really hoping to find one, heck even a used one in good shape.

Anyone have a parts manual? I don't have one.

Riddler

If the parts manual for your Mopar is available on CD it will be one of the best investments you will ever make. Mine has saved me mega bucks picking up parts way behind market value when eBay sellers didn't know the application.

Does your parts manual have 75-76 Dusters or Dart Sports? I've yet to find a parts manual for these cars.

Riddler

I have found o-rings at True Value Hardware stores. My local one has a variety of them. They even had rubber sheet stock that I used to make a gas sending unit gasket.

You can try NAPA auto parts.

You can also measure the dimensions of the o-ring and try to match it up with one from McMaster-Carr on their website.

My car is a 1976 but it's the as the 1975 Dusters.

I've been searching all day to no avail.

Riddler

Been waiting for you to give the year every since I asked and had been keeping the links up for you.

This is the manual that will cover all Mopar cars in 1976. You can't say for sure that there is no difference from 1975. The 1976 manual will have all the updated information that a 1975 manual won't have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Mo...anuals_Literature&hash=item53edc61a2b&vxp=mtr

This manual will give you the part numbers for everything on your car. I bought a $1295 special gas cap that is listed on eBay for my car for $130 NOS and the special fuel neck lock that is selling on eBay for $185 for $29 NOS.

Dang I thought that link was for the part needed. I've never had s problem finding the part I need. It's weird...

Makes me wonder if the rubber grommet was only sold with the floor plate.

Riddler

Anyone have a 75-76 Duster parts manual? If so could you look up the part number for this rubber grommet.

I've called a bunch of places and no one seems to have this grommet or know where to get it.

Riddler

I have my old column I'm not gonna reuse. Car had 30k on it so it may still be good. I'll dig her out of the parts pile and see what it looks like.

Schumacher had their firewall gasket sets forever...call them. My '72 has something different, I think.

I have not looked close at the design, but would a fuel line sliced the long way and pushed on work? then just put a dab on superglue gel where the two ends meet. Is that a possisbility?

-
Back