Where do I look now

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember at one time he said his budget was 25k. I put an ad on hispost for a 383 dart that was restored 10 years ago and garage kept. It was around 22-25k. Did he ever call, look at it? I seriously doubt it. It was in North Texas if I remember

Dan, you're like that kid in high school that always talked about it.
I'm 61 and I quit talking about what I was going to get or do 45 years ago. Most of us in our golden years just do it.
So do it already, will you!

Woah. That’s nice and all but it’s about as relevant as the price of tea in China. Your system doesn’t take into account condition/shape and even more imprtantly, available funds! If you only have $5k, even a 20 point car will be out of budget. And that will lead to another thread like this being created.

Your method looks a lot like the swordsman‘s method here:

Just add in points for paint and rust
It's just a guideline

Seriously? Are you looking for a car, or are you dreaming? Metric ****-tons of guys here, throw everyone here who has tried to help you on a scale and that truck stop scale WILL read, "Metric ****-Ton," have tried to help you over the last year or so.

Your problem is not that you can't find a car. You are acting like an indecisive ***** and because of that it does not matter what car you MAY end up with. You will never be happy with what you have. You could end up with a Pebble Beach concours Packard, Auburn Cord, or Mercedes 300 SL that Kennedy, Elvis AND Larry Bird gang banged Marilyn Monroe, Lana Turner, Audry Hepburn, Princesses Leia and Diana, and Elvira Mistress of the Night in and you wouldn't buy it for a dollar.

The problem is not the car, the problem is YOU. You need to figure out what you need to do to unfuck yourself because nobody here can help you.

1688316195945.png

1688316296090.png

Last edited:
Dan, you're like that kid in high school that always talked about it.
I'm 61 and I quit talking about what I was going to get or do 45 years ago. Most of us in our golden years just do it.
So do it already, will you!
you can lead a horse to water ...... :eek:

DAN>>>>> I FOUND A NICE CAR FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out Classic Auto Mall in PA.......
They have a really nice looking 74 Dodge Dart Swinger.....318 with auto trans
Exterior looks good as does interior......Two owner car with mid fifties milage
Asking 18 and change........You know you could get a better deal
I didnt view all the pictures but dam if this car looks like it has great potential
The front seat has a rip but thats a easy fix
Check it out

He is a whiney little turd who would ***** if hung with a new rope, he would want one with experience and ***** about it because it had blood on it. He can't find his *** with both hands, a full moon, radar, a hand full of fish hoks and the entire 3rd Marine Battalion!!! I'm with TMM, "Ignore Button" will be tagged as soon as this post hits. BYE BYE Dan The Man!!!

DAN>>>>> I FOUND A NICE CAR FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out Classic Auto Mall in PA.......
They have a really nice looking 74 Dodge Dart Swinger.....318 with auto trans
Exterior looks good as does interior......Two owner car with mid fifties milage
Asking 18 and change........You know you could get a better deal
I didnt view all the pictures but dam if this car looks like it has great potential
The front seat has a rip but thats a easy fix
Check it out

I'll give them a lot of credit. They show and tell about the good, bad, and ugly of their cars. They have a 67 that's a little rough, but they point out all the bad. Not many businesses around like that anymore.

and in reasonable distance

He is a whiney little turd who would ***** if hung with a new rope, he would want one with experience and ***** about it because it had blood on it. He can't find his *** with both hands, a full moon, radar, a hand full of fish hoks and the entire 3rd Marine Battalion!!! I'm with TMM, "Ignore Button" will be tagged as soon as this post hits. BYE BYE Dan The Man!!!
It's not like we haven't tried.

If I come across a car that seems to be what he (Dan) wants I'll post it. Nobody knows anyones life situation, hence I try not to loose patience with people..... I see no need to knock or humiliate The guy unless of course you enjoy doing that, which tells me exactly what you are. You'd think folks would just ignore Dan and move on but thats the internet for you
I'll go out on a limb and say, I think 20 grand is a lot of money for a hobby car for a guy in Dans shoes and so he is afraid to pull that trigger on buying a old car.
He probably is a little unrealistic in what he wants, related to what he wants to spend and I could sympathize with older guys who would really like an old car but simply can't afford it.
Good luck to him

I'll give them a lot of credit. They show and tell about the good, bad, and ugly of their cars. They have a 67 that's a little rough, but they point out all the bad. Not many businesses around like that anymore.
I know a guy, in fact just talked to him today who has his car on consignment with them. He didn't say anything bad other than they want to buy low and sell high
I may send them pictures and info on my car and see what they say, its worth a few thousand to me not to have to deal with people when selling my car

My motto most of my pretty long life as been "do something...even if it is wrong." We all hate to make what turns out to be bad decisions, or it turns out to be NOT perfect as we hoped. I bet 99% of the "done" cars bought, will always get some things hanged by the new owner. Maybe correcting some work, or just changing out something to suit the new owner. That is just the old car hobby and life.

In life there are talkers and then there are doers.

No disrespect. I am in the same boat with a 64 Polara or 440. I still want one, am looking, and may pull the trigger if the right one comes along. But, I don't post every month about it, getting dozens of members involved and turn down every example that is posted. That's the issue here.

Last edited:
The prices of cars is nuts I should have got 5 g more for mine.It to where building a car costs fortune.

Fact is now days in this old car hobby, most cars out there are either total projects most of which are rollers, many one which the guy took them apat and put it in boxes, or bad parts cars or some junk som guy threw togeter to flip...OR done cars that are either resto shop work or quality work by a hobbiet that took him decades to do or a throwed together driver done by a guy on bad dope. Few cars in between.

Most of us can not or will not pay the resto shop deal and IF we find a done car that is really quality work, done by an enthusiast that values his time at NAUGHT (zero) and does not keep count of his $$$$$ spent... we would be very lucky! BUT they are out there. usually not on your block though!!!

No disrespect. I am in the same boat with a 64 Polara or 440. I still want one, am looking, and may pull the trigger if the right one comes along. But, I don't post every month about it, getting dozens of members involved and turn down every example that is posted. That's the issue here.
Did you look at that 74 I posted. Exactly what he is looking for. May be a little too high but he pays for the convenience of a dealer.

I don't post every month about it, thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back