Where do I look now

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus christ if I had 25k to buy an abody I'd feel like I won the lottery,, literally hundreds to chose from. If you can afford a 25k toy car, you can afford a 250 plane ticket.

You want it your way your gonna have to build it. I bought mine for 6k, have spent another 6k so far, its blown to pieces in my garage, and will spend another 12k to have a car worth maybe 15k when all said and done.

These things are 50 year old budget cars that cost 3k new and were meant to last maybe 10 years.

I've bought other peoples "builds" before, they are NEVER the way I want them or correct in my eyes.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
this. this right here.

if i had 20~25K to spend i'd go find me either an abandoned project or a nice runner in the 10~12K range and then build it exactly how i wanted it.

i'd be dollars to donuts you could find a really nice slant car in the 15ish range and then just drop in a V8

i had a client that wanted a big block GTO. he didn't want to lay down big block GTO kinda coin; so he found a really nice small block LeMans and had me put a big block in it. spec'd out the build with some nice changes along the way-- better brakes, rear end ratio he wanted, alum radiator, vintage air.

in the end, he got exactly what he wanted and had a ton of fun with it all for less than a big block GTO. sold the car some years later and used that money to buy a real big block GTO numbers car. all because he had a little imagination.

This is the mister know it all pointing out the flaws on your car at the car show telling how he would do it....

you'll wind up buying some rusted out shitbox that's slap *** wore out and wholly complain about it endlessly while asking stupid questions about frivolous details that are easily fixed with very little money or mechanical aptitude, could be googled, or the answers are commonly known and found here.
This part is definitely been going through my head?...

Its the same one and I'm not paying 28k for a car that needs body work. 20-22 tops

I think that it's been listed for sale for a while now, I believe it's the one that has rust around the wheel wells and I'm in the process of seeing what it would cost to get repaired and painted. I'm a firm believer in doing my homework before making a purchase. I don't think that it will sell anytime soon.

The biggest reason it hasn't sold yet: "You're too far away."

This is the driver's side with shots inside the wheel wells.

16884208641468057431771818233347.jpg

16884209657328669813740941635615.jpg

16884210532243748991989396775818.jpg

Driver's side rear. Minor paint flaking on the inside lip but those are not rust bubbles on the quarter; it's just dusty from mowing and storms:

16884210943261704229611084012052.jpg

16884211164665724119705760757158.jpg

Passenger side front:
16884211859259143007904862369388.jpg

16884211859259143007904862369388.jpg

Passenger side rear, the only "rot" which is basically little more than a scratch.

I wasn't just blowin' smoke in my ad when I said it's one of the cleanest A Bodies I've ever seen, even compared to what my $250 Cuda (bought 32 years ago) was then.

No, the paint job isn't perfect. It's a 53-year old car that was and is loved; there are just too many here and it's not being enjoyed like it should.

Other pics of its vast carnage may attach below. Doing this from my phone is a PITA and I have work to do.

Get your estimate.

16884211544882510493000619419.jpg

Last edited:
This is the mister know it all pointing out the flaws on your car at the car show telling how he would do it....
the guy that's all high and mighty about **** and when you ask him where his car is: at home on jack stands, at the body shop, waiting on the machine shop/engine builder, looking for a windshield-- year, after year, after year.

who says you should've kept your mopar all mopar and not put some dog turd ford rear end in there cuz 8.75's are cheap and plentiful cuz he bought three of them in 1996-- and they're all rusting in his back yard.

meanwhile he drove to the show in his clapped out 2007 dodge caliber with fake SRT badges on some cheeze-dick rims from america's tire.

the guy that's all high and mighty about **** and when you ask him where his car is: at home on jack stands, at the body shop, waiting on the machine shop/engine builder, looking for a windshield-- year, after year, after year.

who says you should've kept your mopar all mopar and not put some dog turd ford rear end in there cuz 8.75's are cheap and plentiful cuz he bought three of them in 1996-- and they're all rusting in his back yard.

meanwhile he drove to the show in his clapped out 2007 dodge caliber with fake SRT badges on some cheeze-dick rims from america's tire.
Don't forget the glue on side vents...
Screenshot_20230703_153343_Google.jpg

The biggest reason it hasn't sold yet: "You're too far away."

This is the driver's side with shots inside the wheel wells.

View attachment 1716109987

View attachment 1716109989

View attachment 1716109990

Driver's side rear. Minor paint flaking on the inside lip but those are not rust bubbles on the quarter; it's just dusty from mowing and storms:

View attachment 1716109992

View attachment 1716109993

Passenger side front:
View attachment 1716109995

View attachment 1716109995

Passenger side rear, the only "rot" which is basically little more than a scratch.

I wasn't just blowin' smoke in my ad when I said it's one of the cleanest A Bodies I've ever seen, even compared to what my $250 Cuda (bought 32 years ago) was then.

Other pics of its vast carnage may attach below. Doing this from my phone is a PITA and I have work to do.

Get your estimate.

View attachment 1716109994
Awesome looking car

Awesome looking car

It does turn heads and is fun to drive.

Here's the contact info again since phone numbers are disallowed.

FB_IMG_1642626957897.jpg

For the record, it's Billy's car so ask for him. I'm merely the messenger and the one with the FABO account trying to help.

This Duster is in no way associated with my shop except for probably coating a few pieces for it -- as usual with his many projects -- which I can point out to you. I'm pretty sure its air cleaner housing crossed my bench at a minimum, and probably the pedal assembly plus (I don't really keep up on what he's doing unless he needs help).

If you two make a deal, any problems you may encounter with the finish on those parts I point out, talk to me. Any other issues about the car will be addressed to Billy privately.

He stays up late.

Can't believe I scrolled thru all 7 pages just for the smiles... JHChrysler.
The only car Dan may buy is....... Generic Hotwheels at Wal-Mart if marked down.
I still think he is a professional at pulling our legs.
He's a Fox Body or Camaro guy having fun at a Mopar site

We are our own worst enemy.

This one we ran to 10 pages on Dan.
Dan the Man cars ?

We have 3 more pages to go giving this guy over 20 pages of attention!!

And we can only blame ourselves while he does burnouts in his Camaro/Mustang.

The only car Dan may buy is....... Generic Hotwheels at Wal-Mart if marked down.
I still think he is a professional at pulling our legs.
He's a Fox Body or Camaro guy having fun at a Mopar site
If I had either one I sure wouldn't be wasting my time on here. There's some good people on here and some jerks as well. And FYI I collect M2 cars as a hobby.

We are our own worst enemy.

This one we ran to 10 pages on Dan.
Dan the Man cars ?

We have 3 more pages to go giving this guy over 20 pages of attention!!

And we can only blame ourselves while he does burnouts in his Camaro/Mustang.
A couple of guys on here have said this. How about you putting your money where your month is on the subject as I can use a few extra dollars?

If I had either one I sure wouldn't be wasting my time on here. There's some good people on here and some jerks as well. And FYI I collect M2 cars as a hobby.
A couple of guys on here have said this. How about you putting your money where your month is on the subject as I can use a few extra dollars?
@340six Your so sure that I have a mustang or a Camaro, how wrong you are

So feed the troll and buy him a car too. Naa

Sorry bro, I’m plum outta cash to spare. Owning a Mopar has me counting my pennies. If you can toss me a few of your $25k burning a hole in your pocket, that would be pretty swell. The V8 in my Scamp chugs through the gas pretty good. Whaddya say?

Correction: there are some good people on here getting jerked around by YOU....

I tried to help and encourage Dan. Reading his replies as well as many of these other threads directed at him, I can only say it's hopeless.
While I dont expect my *** kissed , a simple thanks from him for me as well as others looking at cars for him would have been nice.
So many things here and in the past have jumped out at me with Dan and all I can say is there is no disgrace in not being able to afford a hobby car. There are just so many other things that outweigh being involved in this hobby
A person could still be involved in this forum, still go to car shows.
This is why I suggested a 4 door car. More affordable, mostly never abused or raced and you still get to be involved in the classic car community but sadly a 4 door was 2 to many for Dan.
I suspect the money is the major hurdle involved here. Twenty grand plus is a lot of dough when you dont have it in the first place and need to finance that entire amount.
We all realise that 20 grand or not isn't going to get a perfect car, mechanical or body and there lay another issue
Ive in the past told him my story of how I could sell my car, add another 25 grand to give me enough to buy a driver C2 Corvette or a GTO but the problem for me is even at 60 to 70 grand, id still have to put money into it to get it to were my 69 is presently body and mechanically and that I dont want to do
So for Dan to finance 20 grand and than have the very real possibility that his car still needed some work just isn't a financially responsible thing to do in his position
What bothers me with all of this nonsense, is instead of thanking people for helping and just saying I cant afford anything presently, we get this circle jerk or some complaining thread about lack of availability for these cars
I wish Dan well but he'd be much better off if he stoped arguing with people, was more appreciative for the advise and help and stoped bullshiting folks
Being honest, up front and showing some humility goes a long way in life
Good luck

If this guy is a real genuine person I'll eat my hat.
I'm only on here occasionally and every time I am he's starting some bullshit thread or commenting crap on someone else's.
He's either a very lonely attention seeker or maybe a character made up by a bunch of high school students.

When I bought my car a Valiant didn't even occur to me, I just wanted a running driving solid body car, anything else can be fixed as I go. Wanted a Demon, 70-72 Duster, 67-72 Dart, Any 2 door in that order came across a 68 Valiant Signet solid body, decent interior, 380hp crate rebuilt 727 2800 stall and 8 3/4 for $9500 Canadian couldn't pass up even the SunFire Yellow is growing on me.

You probably need to be more open, my main requirement was a solid running and driving V8 A Body everything else was secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back