where do you work at?

-
I drive a fuel transport tanker for Gemini Motor Transport as sister company of LOVE'S TRUCK STOPS Great job great pay and excellent benifits. Damn sure gonna be my last job before retirement or Heaven. I have been blessed, oh full time husband to a great woman(most days).

I'm a production manger at a small daily news paper for 21 years. Job duties include printing of all publications press maintenance ordering of parts and supplies for mailroom and pressroom. And any other stuff they can add on.

I sell Real estate, 22 years and 720 plus transactions. Country, city, acreage, whatever it takes. But I grew up in a Mobil oil Gas station circa 1962-68 , and have been around all the old muscle cars my whole life. my Dad was all Packard, Kaiser, and Studebaker. but Mopars were a big part of the family as well. Hemis were an everyday occurrance, as was .29 cent gas. Of course I made .35 cents an hour in 1968, and a good Machinist made $4.00 an hour. a new 68 Roadrunner was $2,500 or so, so it is all relative! In 1970 a basic USAF recruit(E-1) made $85.00 Dollars a month., a glass of beer was .15 cents, and a pitcher was .65 cents! So a six pack Superbee at 3,800 was beyond Imagination to most of us. Sorry to go on, it just all came back.

I spent 35 years with CHRYSLER, worked at the Warren Truck Plant building Dodge Ram's and Dodge Dakotas. We used to build the Dodge Ramchargers, the Plymouth Trail Dusters, The Little Red Express trucks, and the Warlocks, along with a hole bunch of other stuff and just before I retired we built the Mitsubishi Raider pickup trucks. Also spent some time at the Viper Plant playing with the Vipers and the Prowlers. Retired in 2007 then worked 6 years part time with a local Chrysler Dealer at their collision shop just driving people around and helping the techs out if they needed a hand. Gave that up this past April, now I am just working around the house, go fishing, and I help take care of my two grand kids 2 1/2 and 2 months old two days a week so my daughter could go back to work. The grand kids are by far the hardest job yet but I love every moment of it. Don't know whats next, but for now that's it.
Bob

I work at a stone quarry in jersey. Operate a 777F cat haul truck 22 years. Also ran 980,988,992 wheel loaders. And the street sweeper. Before that ran two different asphalt plants...

I'm a career waiter. Someone's gotta do it! I was in sales too but somehow the hours and the pace of restaurant work suited me. Was with Hyatt for years, and took full advantage of the free hotel room benefit. Served a few famous people, like Jimmy Carter and Margaret Thatcher. After that I worked in a steak house, they had wine-sales contests, I won two trips to Napa Valley. Now I work at a very expensive steak house at a golf resort. Thirty page wine list. At that level it's a lot to keep up with and hard work. For the last year I've been learning futures trading, I have a mentor teaching me, so I'll be ending my restaurant career in a few years, and making money at home. And owning a Mopar again!

Operations Manager of a Mandrel Bending manufacturing facility, we bend 1.5" to 5" diameter Exhaust,Air Intake and Radiator tubes and yes we do all the old cars

I have been self-employed since 2001. I do customs vehicle wraps and fleet graphics. Before that I was high-end collision repair and painter, specializing in the Audi A8 all-aluminum cars (new at that time). Got to go train in Germany which was tons of fun!

My business site:
www.Mobilecustoms.com

Attachments

• RiverRoad-1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 204
  • RiverRoad-2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 193
I have been self-employed since 2001. I do customs vehicle wraps and fleet graphics. Before that I was high-end collision repair and painter, specializing in the Audi A8 all-aluminum cars (new at that time). Got to go train in Germany which was tons of fun!

My business site:
www.Mobilecustoms.com

That's cool, I would like to see you do your Cuda in a wrap.

EMD F Series diesels. Those are my favorites. Thanks for sharing the pix

I was always partial to the F3's ,- F9's and the FM's. When I was growing up, they were the "diesels of the day", so to speak. WHo can ever forget the "War Bonnet" paint scheme of the Santa Fe A/B/A engine arrangement.

Here's an EMD F3 A-B-B-A arrangement, circa 1948.... Love it!

Been a Mopar lover since a teen. Learned to wear many hats along the way to put these old cars in show condition. Use these skills on others cars to make my way.
Seems lately I have been doing mostly glass and upholstery work and strayed from the mechanical or body and paint.
There seems to be much less competition in this area which is good when the economy is in the toilet.
I am getting older and will probably keep going like this till I am ready to hang it up and retire.
I have not been able to find anyone with the passion or skill for this kind of work so I do it on my own. It is quickly becoming a lost or dying art.

I work full time for the National Guard, in the facilities maintenance department specializing in the HVAC/Electrical section; However, my position description also says "any other duty assigned". So I basically fix anything/everything to keep daily operations running on post.

Retired at 59 on June 2, 2006

Right at 38 years with GTE / Verizon in various positions.

Retired from my favorite job as a Business Technician.

what is this "work" thing you talk about?

I was wondering that, too.

Last job was building trains for Houston Metro at CAF USA. Figured I'd better leave when I got down off the ladder with the intention of throwing someone off the mezzanine.

I work for Frito-Lay as a Route sales rep in Arizona, Before moving here I worked for Price Chopper Supermarkets in New York as a receiver and at the same time I worked as a commercial pro for Advance Auto Parts

Corporate pilot. Drive a GV for work, 70 Duster for fun

Attachments

• image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 142
-
Back