Where is my power?

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I just did my battery relocation on my build. I hooked up the hot and i also ran the engine harness the one that goes center of bulk head. No other harness hooked up. I confirmed i have 12 going to the bulk head. Wouldnt i have power somewhere in the car?

Check a wiring diagram for your car (72?). Many posts here. Your 3 connectors are nominally "wiper", "lights", "engine", but those aren't strict distinctions. They usually ran a few wires from one group on another connector, so check the diagram. It varied year-year, whether manual or auto tranny, etc.

Without knowing more about how you wired the battery relocation AND the car wiring (factory, aftermarket, etc) we are just guessing

You must have a connection from the battery to the starter relay battery stud

If using factory wiring, the power goes from the start relay stud, through the fuse link, through the bulkhead and to and through the ammeter

If you have the dash out of the car, you must have the ammeter terminals jumpered together.

If you are going to race, you need a disconnect which further complicates wiring, because you must make a way of disconnecting the alternator/ alternator field or the ignition, otherwise the alternator will cause run--on

I found it! Inside the car there is a small junction box down on the driver side kick panel area. I didnt have that plug on right! worked after that! Got radio and wipers.

Lights,Camera...we want to see some Action now!:DNow that you have power,it should,nt be long now....Vrooom!:D

-
Back