Where the guitar players? ...at?

-
Anyone know where Teeth and Tires went to? Anyone see him lately?

i found a few more pics of some guitars, and one picture of me playing my "59er" deluxe lp that i mentioned in a prior post, probably about 1977.
higgs

guitars.jpg

Pappy Rock's late 70's.JPG

That looks like the kind of place where they could put up chicken wire before the show if they thought it was necessary.

That looks like the kind of place where they could put up chicken wire before the show if they thought it was necessary.

lol, yep, beautiful place it was, mitch's supper club, had two bands at once, one upstairs one downstairs.... it would get pretty rockin' back in the day, unfortunately at the time they were going out of business due to mismanagement. another musician buddy told me "i see you guys had a light show".......heh, actually that band was pretty good we were trying to get on the map in the denver music scene. the economy here was terrible at that time. nope, no current posts from teeth and tires...
higgs

Both my eldest boys play. One is more technical in his method, and the other plays by ear/feel. I can never get enough of listening to them play. I don't have a musical bone in my body.

I've been dabbling in music for years but slowed down, I dont have a high end guitar anymore but just enough to have a little fun, here's my equipment today.

20210114_111853.jpg

20201105_160914.jpg

20210112_154310.jpg

20201003_155128.jpg

20201003_155405.jpg

I don't own a electric and it has been ages since I have playerd my acoustics. I saw this vid and thought it was a pretty cool design. This is Dale from Lexington Lab Band on his own You tube channel. RS Guitar Works Esquire.

When the blood warms, sometimes you just gotta Rock!

Def Lizard...Or is it ”Lizard Skyner”?

2E209E4A-C0DD-4B83-9F1B-5CC4EDA6B6EC.jpeg

I just opened this thread for the first time and I must say quite impressive guys! What a bunch of party animals who would have figured. But I guess we all have a lot more in common why wouldn't you be rockers. I've had a few middle of The line nice guitars I currently have a Jackson, I'm just a hacker but I have done some pretty good vocal stuff.

I'm very sad to find this out, I missed it and hadn't found out until today.:(

I just found this out this morning, and am devastated that one our mopar/guitar playing brothers has left the building......i never talked with him directly, but enjoyed his cantor and enthusiasm in playing guitar and enjoying musical equipment. wish i could've met the guy, i think we would have hit it off pretty good. god speed my friend, RIP...
higgs

Cool pick guard, did you modify it yourself?
I bought it in December. Used at a Local music shop. Did not try or play it stock. It had strat like single coils and black strat type knobs. Bought it and a set of extra slinky strings. When I got home I immediately removed the strings and cut the pickguard for a set of Mini Humbuckers ( body was routed enough stock) and gold mounting rings, changed the knobs and added a Rhythm/Treble Selector Switch ring, parts I had laying around. Painted block markers over dots. Installed new strings. Intonation was close enough. Sounded good , but then changed Volume pot to a 500k linear taper that had better response . My band liked the sound at rehearsal. A little tri-flow on the nut and bridge. Stays in tune. I will be using it at Bar gig this Saturday (unless Covid-crap cancels it).

I bought it in December. Used at a Local music shop. Did not try or play it stock. It had strat like single coils and black strat type knobs. Bought it and a set of extra slinky strings. When I got home I immediately removed the strings and cut the pickguard for a set of Mini Humbuckers ( body was routed enough stock) and gold mounting rings, changed the knobs and added a Rhythm/Treble Selector Switch ring, parts I had laying around. Painted block markers over dots. Installed new strings. Intonation was close enough. Sounded good , but then changed Volume pot to a 500k linear taper that had better response . My band liked the sound at rehearsal. A little tri-flow on the nut and bridge. Stays in tune. I will be using it at Bar gig this Saturday (unless Covid-crap cancels it).
Cool, I didn't realize they were mini humbucker's at first, I thought they were P90's , I like the mini humbucker's, that made a really neat guitar.

^^^
It is just the glare.
I'm a bit of a kramer fanatic.
Those are all kramers.
I had the pick guards made by a guy in Florida.
Quickgards is the guy.
The pickups are custom shop Dimarzios in the one.
They have chrome covers .
However I do have my dads first guitar.
A Dan Electro Silverstone with a lipstick pickup.
Has the case that is an amp as well.

^^^
It is just the glare.
I'm a bit of a kramer fanatic.
Those are all kramers.
I had the pick guards made by a guy in Florida.
Quickgards is the guy.
The pickups are custom shop Dimarzios in the one.
They have chrome covers .
However I do have my dads first guitar.
A Dan Electro Silverstone with a lipstick pickup.
Has the case that is an amp as well.
My first electric guitar was a silvertone amp in case, I bought it from my cousin in 1974, I sure wish I had kept it for nostalgia's sake.

-
Back