Where to ask “what it’s worth” questions

-

Want2drag

Reaction score
What area of this site would I get some opinions on value of an engine and transmission in my 69 Dart ?

For me it's more when then where. For someone who's been on the forum and needs a little help that's no problem. But for someone basically brand-new or has asked only or talk two or three times...
You know kind of like you want me to do this favor but you haven't even offered me a cup of coffee?
You're probably okay right here just as long as people don't start making offers... As in right here on the thread and knot personal messaging you about it.. or they'll just shove this in a for sale part...

You're doing it right now. Actually there's no good forum to put it in. As soon as a member offers to buy the post gets deleted. Too many and the thread get's shut down. No fault of your own. It's the responsibility of your fellow members to send you a personal message and not announce it on your thread if they are interested in something that's officially not for sale yet.. Carry on. Let us know what you have and some photos so we can help.

For me it's more when then where. For someone who's been on the forum and needs a little help that's no problem. But for someone basically brand-new or has asked only or talk two or three times...
You know kind of like you want me to do this favor but you haven't even offered me a cup of coffee?
You're probably okay right here just as long as people don't start making offers... As in right here on the thread and knot personal messaging you about it.. or they'll just shove this in a for sale part...
How can I agree and thank you at the same time.

again maybe just right here shoot a picture of the car should a picture of the motor tell us why you're taking the motor out and why you're selling it and what you're going to put in there make us a little part of what's going on and we may be more than willing to want to help...
and then you might get an idea of the kind of douchebags you're asking for help as well!...

J par, Toolmanmike thank you very much, I’m taking pictures as we speak and will add pictures and explain my reasoning.

J par, Toolmanmike thank you very much, I’m taking pictures as we speak and will add pictures and explain my reasoning.
Cool! That's the fun part about the forum! I'll show you mine, if you show me yours? wait a minute, that didn't come out right!...

And a sincere thank you is as good as a cup of coffee anytime.

BE6DF7BF-DBC6-402D-BEDB-506F50B89A5D.jpeg
C8EBC3C1-3607-4826-802A-6DAB2EF062CF.jpeg
A148D46B-6786-415D-AC30-8F98B8C85CE9.jpeg
38A84A87-7FC8-4B3A-97F1-387FFBE1E874.jpeg

She's a beauty. I hope orange means it's a 340.

The car is a 69 dart custom. It’s a 360/727/8.25, I’m not sure what year car the drivetrain came out of. The engine has a Mechanical Flat Tappet 284/284, Lift .528/.528 cam, new timing set, lifters, heads have been rebuilt Weiand intake and 750 Holley carb. Transmission has a stall converter, shift kit, and deep pan.

The car is a 69 dart custom. It’s a 360/727/8.25, I’m not sure what year car the drivetrain came out of. The engine has a purple cam, new timing set, lifters, heads have been rebuilt Weiand intake and 750 Holley carb. Transmission has a stall converter, shift kit, and deep pan.
Are you wanting to know the value of your drive train to sell it? Or just curious of what it's worth?

Thank you, I’m looking for the value more or less. I live in Maine haven’t seen many Mopar guys around to chum around with lol. The drivetrain is coming out and being replaced with a 445” smallblock A518 combo that I have to go pick up at the end of the month. Mainly I just don’t want it sitting around going to waste.

Thank you, I’m looking for the value more or less. I live in Maine haven’t seen many Mopar guys around to chum around with lol. The drivetrain is coming out and being replaced with a 445” smallblock A518 combo that I have to go pick up at the end of the month. Mainly I just don’t want it sitting around going to waste.
Well, I'll just say it's worth a lot more if people can hear it run. Sounds like you have a nice combo lined up.
P.S. - what was it, 5 post in over 1 year?? Don't be such a stranger.... or should I say "welcome to the site" :)

Is that a spreadbore? I like them, best idling carb I came across was a spreadbore Holley. 518 is going to require some surgery on the tunnel/crossmember, just to remind you.

Yes I belong to many many forums but I’m more a lurker then anything. I greatly appreciate the vast collection of knowledge and enjoy reading through everything. Yeah I don’t really have any plans to pull the drivetrain as of yet, I would rather the person get to hear and drive what they may be interested in.

Really I have no clue about Holley carbs lol. It actually may not be a 750, I have some paperwork I’m looking at that says AED 6300 Holley 4160 carburetor. Truthfully I haven’t had the pleasure of messing around with many.

I have not, the car goes good. Shifts nice and firm will chirp the tires on the 1st to 2nd shift at 3/4 throttle. It has some issues that bother me that seem to be spiraling out of control with an entirely new drivetrain lol. They are more cosmetic and suspension related. I figure I’ll start with drivetrain and suspension and move onto interior and exterior it’s up and running again.

I put a query in search and came up with some 360's that have sold here. Not too many complete engines though. Blocks from free to running engines with a asking price of a couple thousand. I didn't open the threads to see if it sold for that price or not. From what I see (and my opinion may change as I learn more) I would say $2000 might be a fair price to start for a running engine/transmission combo like yours. Just a guess and a place to start.
If I was buying I would like to get it for less but If I was selling I would like to get good money out of it. I lucked out a couple years ago and bought a running 408 stroker for $500. Just food for thought.

That sounds like a once in a lifetime deal on the 408. Thank you for your time. I’ve done some searching around also and really hadn’t found much for a drop in turn key setup either. Anything that bolted to the engine and trans would be going ( headers, coil, exhaust, 8.25 rear end, shifter, etc). I was figuring around the same number would be fair. Not looking to get rich just don’t want it sitting around my garage going to waste.

The engine I’m purchasing is actually in the state in which you reside lol

-
Back