Where to ask "WIW" ??

-
I'd say right here, but you need a photo, description, and condition. "Even that" might not be enough.

Rusty. ROB!!!???? You got that crystal ball ???

This ain't a WIW forum. We don't do auctions here and that's the only way to find out WIW. If you want to do it here, decide on a price and post it in the for sale forum like everyone else. You have the same internet access as everybody else. You can look on Ebay and everywhere else and see what similar items sell for. There's nothing special here that will make your item any more valuable.

You don't have to sell or buy on ebay to use ebay to figure out what something is going for. You could also use craigslist for the same purpose.

Do we have a sarcasm font on FABO?

WIW depends on if your selling or buying ;) look up proverbs 20:14

This is the general forum so a WIW question is perfectly fine here. If some don't like it they don't have to look let alone comment on it.

There's nothing to like. A WIW thread is basically an auction. It shouldn't be allowed. It breaks the rules of the for sale forum right in half. So I guess the next time I wanna sell something, I'll just start a WIW thread and see how many bids I get. It's not fair to the rest of us who post in the for sale section and follow the posted rules of the forum. It's got nothing to do with like or dislike. It's what's fair for everybody and IMO, a WIW thread is not. Wanna sell it? Pick a price and post it for sale. Wanna an auction? Put it on Ebay. A chimp could figure that out. Anybody doing anything else is just fishin.

I agree with Rocky..... Your WIW question is fine here or in the Mopar General Discussions forum. Members post inquiries like that here on FABO all the time.

Ask away & I'm sure you'll get a few responses :thumbup:

Well C, since you're so agreeable, let me ask this. What's to stop someone from saying in this thread, "hey, I'll give you this for it"? Sorry. I don't agree. That means people can buy and sell anywhere on the forum and that's not right. I just don't agree with it.

I'm not trying to argue with you Rob, but this is a relatively new member with only a handful of posts. How do we know if they even use ebay, craigslist, etc ??

I truly don't see a problem with asking what something is worth & can't at the moment think of a single thread where there has been an issue like you're describing :scratch:

I'm not trying to argue with you Rob, but this is a relatively new member with only a handful of posts. How do we know if they even use ebay, craigslist, etc ?? I truly don't see a problem with asking what something is worth & can't at the moment think of a single thread where there has been an issue like you're describing :scratch:

All the dialog that prompted the responses has been edited out or deleted. We don't even know what we are bitchin bout anymore.

Using the same terminology. What is to keep people from asking $100,000 obo and have the same result? Nothing, it is the same thing and why there is nothing wrong with asking wiw. I assure you, I have plenty of parts that aren't anywhere to be found on the internet. Also if I have parts I know someone might be interested in, or in need of. I will offer them up to said person. But I guess that is wrong also?

We didn't even give this poster an opportunity to ask before slamming him with assumptions that aren't against the forum rules. Maybe he is wanting to buy something? And is checking a price reality. I don't know, I'm done, already a mountain made from a mole hill.

This is the general forum so a WIW question is perfectly fine here. If some don't like it they don't have to look let alone comment on it.

I agree 100%. Nothing wrong with getting feedback o n what something is going for. Hell I asked the other day here on what everyone thought about a car I was looking at and go great feel back. Even comments on the price so it turned out to a WIW thread.

Post it up and you will get plenty of response on what it is worth to them. Ebay is a waste of time. Just because some Idiot in the rust belt paid 3 times what a part would sell for here in GA is not a true wiw.

All the dialog that prompted the responses has been edited out or deleted. We don't even know what we are bitchin bout anymore.

Threads like this are too funny at times when people take themselves so seriously over what, essentially, doesn't make a world of difference in the daily lives of the average member.

Really, a pissing contest over a WIW thread? :roll:

-
Back