Where to buy a radiator?

-

72_Scamp

Reaction score
Where can I get a direct fit radiator with trans cooler for my 1972 Plymouth Scamp with a 904 trans and 225 /6? Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

champion radiator....told many...best bang for the buck...bought 3 and all were great

Have three good ones if you havn't found one.

Have you chked your local chain auto stores yet?
I got mine from Autozone, but got the oversized one.

Why does everbody think everthing has to be ordered from somewhere?
The local chain stores have a ton of parts for our cars.
I always chk them first.

You might be surprized.

http://www.radiator.com/lookup.php

I ordered one three years ago for my 67 /6 Dart, it is brass, dropped right in, had different angle on lower hose connection necessitating different hose. It came from Kallyfornia to Maine in less than a week.

I think I'm just going to go with the radiator that was given too me with the Scamp, it is a 26" radiator, the hose connection locations are different from a factory radiator, not sure how many rows, I figured it would be easier to find an original radiator and use factory trans cooler lines so I wouldn't have to bend my own. After debating about it for a few days and looking at someone else's ride with a 26" radiator with a /6 I think I can bend my own tranny lines and find upper and lower hoses with no problem.

I bought the new copper radiator in my 65 Dart from Autozone for $200. I recall it was listed for 1971 or 1972, the first year they showed. I think it was for a slant since the lower tube is 1.5" on passsenger side, but I use for my 273 (w/ alum w.p.) with adapter to 1.75" lower hose. Full width core 22"W x 18"H. Since then I saw many cheaper and better options on ebay and craigslist.

Here is the radiator that came with the Scamp when I bought it:

IMG_20120725_084156.jpg

Wow. What the heck kind of radiator is that? Looks solid..
Does it bolt up or fit reasonably well?
Looks like many you can get off of egg-bay. It won't bolt right up with out drilling some new holes.

Mancini Racing can make you a 22" 3 core radiator that will bolt right up and look more stock. It will be brass and copper.

There's no name anywhere on the radiator, it fits in the space with no extra room, have to drill new holes.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Forum Runner

Yours looks like a quality after-market alum radiator. I see prices from $150 - $300, depending on manufacturer. Check the lower outlet since it looks bigger than the top, so probably 1.75"D.

If so, one problem will be that your slant has a 1.5"D inlet on the water pump. If you can find a 1.75" hose that fits (maybe one for a SB), you can use a rubber sleeve to adapt at the water pump. I have a 1.5"D lower hose on my slant (Dayco 70776 I vaguely recall, but search my posts for real PN). To use that, you would have to adapt on the radiator side which is harder and probably requires a metal sleeve reducer and a few hose sections.

-
Back