Where to buy Power steering hose, '68 Dart?

-

MOBodyman

Reaction score
Where can I buy the pressure hose for my '68 Dart? The one on it looks like it was fabbed and the local parts store doesn't list a replacement.
TIA,
Dallas

Got mine in a box from Autozone for my '66 Cuda.

ZooKypr

I did some searching around on the 'net this afternoon and came up with a part #. I called the local parts store and they were able to cross it and order one. I'll see what I get in a few days.
Thanks for the reply.
Dallas

years ago, late 90's I could not match that item on my 69, local shop made 1 for me. Very reasonable if I recall--- If Wichita, ks has a shop --your local city/town might also have a place.Lawrence

Early Dart power steering pressure hose are made of 2 size hoses w/ a reducer in between. The parts are pretty standard, so I think most hydraulic hose shops could make one, especially if you reuse the flare fittings at each end. I did so 15 yrs ago for AC hoses for an after-market unit not in parts books. Cost ~$20 for both hoses I recall, much cheaper than factory hoses. You can even buy the special crimping tool and make your own, which some hobbyist do, but most good crimpers are >$200. After that, parts are cheap. Maybe Harbor Freight will jump in and sell one at my price point.

This may be helpful for future reference. Not all made-to-fit hoses are the same. My preference is for those made with Parker-Hannifin equipment and fittings. (I think the company uses Parker for its title these days.) My shop used to make them for industrial, farm, and construction equipment. Never had a material or construction failure.

Does it have the Federal (round neck) or Saginaw (oval neck) power steering pump?

Round neck pump. I should get the one I ordered in a couple of days. I'll post the p/n and cost if it's correct.
Dallas

Sometimes they show pictures in the back of the catalog and the P/S for another body style also fits yours, but is'nt listed as an application.

The 71 E-body Saginaw P/S pressure hose is the same as a 68 Barracuda with Saginaw pump.

I would not be surprised is the 68 B-body 318 with Federal pump called for the same p/n as the A-body.

A GOOD agricultural/heavy truck shop will usually have a hydraulic hose machine that can make anything you want. almost every larger NAPA store used to have one in the back.

I would not be surprised if the 68 B-body 318 with Federal pump called for the same p/n as the A-body.

I got a power steering gear and pressure hose from a B-body (67 or 68 Satellite SB I recall seller said). The hose looks identical to my 65 Dart, w/ reducer in the middle. Almost new, so will use on my Dart. I can't imagine why they would differ if both are Federal pumps (weren't all in those years?). The pump mounts to the same engine and the same steering gear in about the same place.

Hey Radar:You gotta get out of Roby to find these.I usually get NAPA in Houston-Oriellys.But if you have to have a 68 Im sure I have one,but it will be 68 vintage.Let me know.

Hey Radar:You gotta get out of Roby to find these.I usually get NAPA in Houston-Oriellys.But if you have to have a 68 Im sure I have one,but it will be 68 vintage.Let me know.

Well, I poked around online for awhile and found an Edelmann part # EP 70333. I called this # in to Oreillys and found it crossed over to a brand they sold. It took a few days to get it but it's on there now. Oreilly didn't have a listing but the 70333 # is the same # on the box they sent me.
Thanks for everyone's help,
Dallas
BTW, d5667, if I get very far out of Roby I get lost. :toothy10:

-
Back